Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey !! Anyone starting Adult Nursing in Chelmsford
preshbabes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi Ange,

I have an interview coming up for march 2015 nursing at ARU. How was their interview? esp essay question and individual qestions?
withLOVExx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My essay question was-

What do you think is the meaning of professionalism in nursing?

Individual Qs were-

Why did you choose adult nursing?
How will you deal with visitors who are anxious about their relative patient?
How do you cope with stress?

Tips: Smile, make eye to eye contact, dress smart and look neat =)
Ksmee1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have been short listed for interview for March intake have u heard anything back from interview yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ange1994
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey!! I did the interview in sept and for the place around October ! You need any tips??? I'm from Ireland
withLOVExx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When is your interview Ksmee1?
withLOVExx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have already started the course last September. Just trying to help here =) Xx
Ksmee1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi , thanks for your reply I not been given interview date just yet but hoping to join march 2015!
Would you be so kind to tell me how ur maths exam was? As I'm very nervous about this ? And also what the interview day process is ? Thank you so much and hope you can help me to calm my nerves

Posted from TSR Mobile
withLOVExx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I found the Maths difficult to be honest. I just prayed Never good at it but practising online did help me. So I suggest you practise and you will be fine. It's important that you keep calm so you can focus. Calculator is not allowed. Revise convertion of decimals, fractions and percentage. Staff are nice and there will be student ambassador to help around. Teas are also offered. After the Math, there is like an essay to be done. You'll be given a question and you have to tell your opinion about it. For example, what can you say about professionalism in nursing? Please mention the 6C's as they are easy to explain and you need to write about 500 words. When you pass the said test and essay, you'll get through to the interview and this time you can relax. They just want to know more about you. Interview includes group interview and individual. With the group, I advise you to look at the one talking to show that you are listening attentively and giving them a chance to talk. With the individual interview, maintain eye to eye contact and show them that you are confident. They would like to know why did you choose the course. Why adult or child or mental nursing. They also asked me how I can manage stress and how to deal with anxious relative who questions the care of the patient. They have a copy of the additional information that you sent on UCAS so make sure what you say matches what you have wrote on it. SMILE :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
withLOVExx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can practise your Maths here-- http://www.snap.nhs.uk/user/login

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ksmee1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you so much you are so kind hopefully I get in to the course I just need to calm my nerves ! Silly question but do you need 100% on the maths test? And how many questions is there ? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ksmee1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If I get in to the course I will find u and pay u with a lovely cuppa and a chat xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
withLOVExx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol no worries! Trust I'm a very nervous person who hates interviews but I had to calm myself on the day and I practiced so it made me feel confident. I also kept praying=) There are 20 questions I think you have to get at least 9 =) Leave the difficult questions and concentrate on those you know you can be sure of. Ive only answered about 15 and guessed most of them so I really kept my fingers crossed. Practise online without the calculator xx
Ksmee1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's multiple choice isn't it? I will let u know how I get on

Posted from TSR Mobile
withLOVExx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, it is! Let me know okay. Good luck xx
Ksmee1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It wasn't multiple choice I passed the maths and waiting for English results !! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ksmee1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have to pass English to get interview! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
lee_17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ksmee1)
It wasn't multiple choice I passed the maths and waiting for English results !! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi
Please what were the maths questions like? Did it look like the sample test they provided online? Thank you
Ksmee1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes it's like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ksmee1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So I did my tester day for my interview and passed the maths and English interview now is next week ! Any tips? What happens etc ?? So pleased I have got this far I want to be a nurse so bad!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
    Nursing and Social Work Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Jul '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (412)
37.83%
No - but I will (83)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (75)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (519)
47.66%

Watched Threads