Best Housing? Watch

makl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm going to Queen's University Belfast as an exchange student next semester! I'm filling out the housing app for exchange students right now, and I have 5 options: Elms Village, Grant House, College Gardens, 76 Malone Road, and Mount Charles.

Can someone tell me the pros/cons of each one? Which one is the best one? I've read many posts that said horrible thing about Elms Village, so I'll prbly put EV as my last choice.

Also, is a single premium bedroom worth the money?
Nioe5991
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by makl)
I'm going to Queen's University Belfast as an exchange student next semester! I'm filling out the housing app for exchange students right now, and I have 5 options: Elms Village, Grant House, College Gardens, 76 Malone Road, and Mount Charles.

Can someone tell me the pros/cons of each one? Which one is the best one? I've read many posts that said horrible thing about Elms Village, so I'll prbly put EV as my last choice.

Also, is a single premium bedroom worth the money?

It really depends what kind of accommodation you are looking for in Belfast, but in general I would advise against Elms and Grant house as they are ****holes, very expensive, and a very long walk to classes in the morning, however heating, electric and WI-FI are included - however you could probably get a better deal with private anyways. I personally would generally advise against Mount Charles my current flatmate lived their last year and its a weird place its cold and the rooms are small but have really high ceilings - the big advantage however is its location on Botanic Avenue - very close to classes, Shops, Restaurants etc and only a 10 minute walk to the city centre - you also get WI-FI and heating and electric included. If money isn't an issue and you don't mind the walk I would recommend College Gardens - or the Malone Road. I live on Malone Avenue with 4 of my friends, life's a lot better than being stuck in Elms living with strangers who you don't even talk to and the security presence is both annoying and intimidating.

As for premium rooms I'm not entirely sure what you mean their is however Willow walk at elms the rooms are unbelievably good and you would probably not get better. The cost however is massive, but its u to you.

Hope this helps - let me know if you have any more questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (412)
37.83%
No - but I will (83)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (75)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (519)
47.66%

Watched Threads