Redoing BTEC for Uni Watch

Gcseenglish
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

Basically I am applying to unis this year. Last year was the first year of my BTEC level 3 course (2 A-levels) but I received a pass in that year due to a corrupt teaching system. This meant I had to change college. Currently I am on the second year of this course and I need to get Distinctions all round to get a place at Uni.

Now I have to get Distinctions for this years work while redoing all of last years work in a very short amount of time.

Has anyone been in this type of situation before and still been accepted into Uni.
Also on UCAS should I put down that I got a pass in the first year or should I leave it?

Thanks
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gcseenglish)
Hi,

Basically I am applying to unis this year. Last year was the first year of my BTEC level 3 course (2 A-levels) but I received a pass in that year due to a corrupt teaching system. This meant I had to change college. Currently I am on the second year of this course and I need to get Distinctions all round to get a place at Uni.

Now I have to get Distinctions for this years work while redoing all of last years work in a very short amount of time.

Has anyone been in this type of situation before and still been accepted into Uni.
Also on UCAS should I put down that I got a pass in the first year or should I leave it?

Thanks
Leave all units that arent at Distinction as 'pending', that way if you manage to improve them the college will send the grades on results day and the uni's will mainly look (and base your offer) at your overall predicted grade that the college give you
Binary Freak
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

Thanks
What course is it?

If you need to achieve Distinctions all across the board then make sure you understand the operative verbs.. They're just as important as anything else!!! Also.. 12 units in a year is pretty easy to accomplish.. Just make sure you manage your time well!!!

I got accepted into university on a conditional of 160 UCAS (For a BSc (Hons) Computer Networks) but my reference and person statement was astonishing!!
vincentjack
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by yt7777)
Leave all units that arent at Distinction as 'pending', that way if you manage to improve them the college will send the grades on results day and the uni's will mainly look (and base your offer) at your overall predicted grade that the college give you
Sorry to derail but is it really okay to do this? My college always says you have to declare everything. Or is it different since it's a BTEC not an exam?
yt7777
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by vincentjack)
Sorry to derail but is it really okay to do this? My college always says you have to declare everything. Or is it different since it's a BTEC not an exam?
Actually you might be right, with the new one submiasion rule for BTEC it might look like cheating, when I applied it was okay to have a second submission so i didn't declare anything but the distinctions as this was okay then because all the grades were submitted at once from the college
Binary Freak
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by vincentjack)
It depends on the university and their requirements!

Generally it doesn't really matter whether you declare them on UCAS or not for most universities don't care. However for those with specific entry requirements (Example: Distinction in Mathematics for IT Practitioners - That's a common one) will usually require you to declare all modules being studied and the grade you achieved thus far for each individual module!
Gcseenglish
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Binary Freak)
What course is it?

If you need to achieve Distinctions all across the board then make sure you understand the operative verbs.. They're just as important as anything else!!! Also.. 12 units in a year is pretty easy to accomplish.. Just make sure you manage your time well!!!

I got accepted into university on a conditional of 160 UCAS (For a BSc (Hons) Computer Networks) but my reference and person statement was astonishing!!
(Original post by Binary Freak)
What course is it?

BTEC Level 3 sport.
Ok here's the problem.
I got a pass in my first year at Another College. Now I am in my second year. So on UCAS should I put the pass in the first year as a Subsidiary diploma (1 a level) at the first college or should I just put a 'BTEC national diploma (QCF)( 2 A levels) at the new college instead.
Binary Freak
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
BTEC Level 3 sport.
Ok here's the problem.
I got a pass in my first year at Another College. Now I am in my second year. So on UCAS should I put the pass in the first year as a Subsidiary diploma (1 a level) at the first college or should I just put a 'BTEC national diploma (QCF)( 2 A levels) at the new college instead.
If the qualification you're achieving at the end of the year is the Diploma then that is what you'll state on UCAS!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.44%
No - but I will (77)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.86%

Watched Threads