Recovering OLD texts Watch

Jubz1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Basically I'm trying to prove a point to a friend about something and the point can be proven in a text from about 14 months ago-ish.

Anyway of getting it back? Should I contact the network people? *On Three and I have a Galaxy S4, unrooted)
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jubz1)
Basically I'm trying to prove a point to a friend about something and the point can be proven in a text from about 14 months ago-ish.

Anyway of getting it back? Should I contact the network people? *On Three and I have a Galaxy S4, unrooted)
I'm fairly sure that once the text arrives on the phone it has completely left control of the network, so unless you still have it on your phone it's gone forever. Did you have this S4 at the time, and have you wiped it since?
Jubz1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by jameswhughes)
I'm fairly sure that once the text arrives on the phone it has completely left control of the network, so unless you still have it on your phone it's gone forever. Did you have this S4 at the time, and have you wiped it since?
How about if I'm on contract, will they keep a copy? I did have the phone the same time, no I haven't wiped it since
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jubz1)
How about if I'm on contract, will they keep a copy? I did have the phone the same time, no I haven't wiped it since
So is the text still on the phone in the inbox? I don't think networks keep the contents of the texts on their database, and definitely not from that long ago. Sometimes if you have online billing you can see all the activity on your account going back a few months, so you can see the numbers you've called and sent texts to, but it won't tell you much else.
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you delete your texts or something? I still have texts on my phone from March 2013 - when I first got it!
kumori
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Your provider won't pay for the costs of recovering one text for a person, so if its not on your phone you're out of luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (380)
37.33%
No - but I will (78)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (71)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (489)
48.04%

Watched Threads