crazyem91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi all,

I am currently looking at applying for an MBA and I have just found out that student finance don't fund masters! I am gutted as I can't afford it - not even with a loan from the bank as it is £13,000 per year.

I didn't do an undergraduate course so I haven't had any funding in my life - does anyone know if this makes a difference - might student finance fund me as they haven't before? It seems silly that they would fund me up to £27,000 for an undergrad but not at all for a masters...

Thanks,

Emily
Brit_Miller
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Fairly certain there's no help at all for masters. You could try looking for external funding but it is extremely rare.
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by crazyem91)
Hi all,

I am currently looking at applying for an MBA and I have just found out that student finance don't fund masters! I am gutted as I can't afford it - not even with a loan from the bank as it is £13,000 per year.

I didn't do an undergraduate course so I haven't had any funding in my life - does anyone know if this makes a difference - might student finance fund me as they haven't before? It seems silly that they would fund me up to £27,000 for an undergrad but not at all for a masters...

Thanks,

Emily
Student Finance is generally for undergrad-level study only. You can only get it in England for a Masters if you're doing it as part of an integrated undergrad degree. A lack of Masters funding is an ackniwledged gap.

You definitely wouldn't get it for an MBA. These are notoriously expensive as they're focussed on those with relevant work experience (i.e. they've had the opportunity to save money) and those already in a relevant job (who may be sponsored by their employer). Either that, or they take a high proportion of independently wealthy students who can fund the fees from personal finance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (75)
16.97%
No one else does (138)
31.22%
I'm embarrassed about my background (48)
10.86%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (152)
34.39%
We don't use a video platform (7)
1.58%
I don't have a camera (10)
2.26%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (12)
2.71%

Watched Threads