Economics Watch

MattSlater12345
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Im studying at Newcastle currently, but am planning to change to Southampton Uni, and reapply for economics as I don't like my current course.
The entry requirements are AAB, in my a levels I got ABB, in biology, maths and chemistry, with a b in AS level physics. They mention preference is given to those that take quantitative subjects such as the sciences, and so I was curious as to whether anyone has been in a similar situation and if you think they will be lenient towards my grades?
I got 5A's and 4A*'s at GCSE also.
neji123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got ABC and I'm first year economics lol
.ACS.
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MattSlater12345)
Im studying at Newcastle currently, but am planning to change to Southampton Uni, and reapply for economics as I don't like my current course.
The entry requirements are AAB, in my a levels I got ABB, in biology, maths and chemistry, with a b in AS level physics. They mention preference is given to those that take quantitative subjects such as the sciences, and so I was curious as to whether anyone has been in a similar situation and if you think they will be lenient towards my grades?
I got 5A's and 4A*'s at GCSE also.
Few questions-

1. What course are you doing at Newcastle?

2. Why do you want to switch?

3. Why specifically to Southampton?

4. Have you contacted anyone within the Dept. to ask about this?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.61%
No - but I will (46)
6.68%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.4%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (326)
47.31%

Watched Threads