Law Degree Mature Students Watch

karotka
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi! As I'm planning to apply for LLB 2016 I wanted to ask if there are any Mature Students here studying Law and how you got in the course (Access to HE etc.) I'm not applying this year as I need to get some more qualifications to have a chance to get in, so I'm trying to see what would be the best option for me. I'm thinking about Edinburgh or Glasgow, but I know those are very good unis and my chances would be quite small. My qualifications now is overseas degree in interior design and some practice in a law firm, so I really need to get some more qualifications. I'm also not a UK national (EU), so I wonder if this would be a disadvantage for me to study law in UK. I'm really interested in law. I can't imagine doing anything else. I hope you can give me some advice or write what entry requirements worked for you!
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by karotka)
Hi! As I'm planning to apply for LLB 2016 I wanted to ask if there are any Mature Students here studying Law and how you got in the course (Access to HE etc.) I'm not applying this year as I need to get some more qualifications to have a chance to get in, so I'm trying to see what would be the best option for me. I'm thinking about Edinburgh or Glasgow, but I know those are very good unis and my chances would be quite small. My qualifications now is overseas degree in interior design and some practice in a law firm, so I really need to get some more qualifications. I'm also not a UK national (EU), so I wonder if this would be a disadvantage for me to study law in UK. I'm really interested in law. I can't imagine doing anything else. I hope you can give me some advice or write what entry requirements worked for you!
As someone who already holds a degree you might find that you have to pay for your second degree yourself. Also a Scots law degree only qualifies you to practice in Scotland.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (446)
37.93%
No - but I will (88)
7.48%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (562)
47.79%

Watched Threads