:pirate3:

Ask me anything!
Hal.E.Lujah
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Elizabeth Swan or that character Penelope Cruz played in the one I didn't see? :ninja2:
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Captain Jack)
Why did you close the AMA subforum? It was such a welcomed addition.
Captain Jack
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
Elizabeth Swan or that character Penelope Cruz played in the one I didn't see? :ninja2:
Elizabeth Swan hands down, she's feistier and has a posh British accent.
Captain Jack
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reue)
Why did you close the AMA subforum? It was such a welcomed addition.
For 18 months AMA threads were among the most popular discussions on TSR. As such, we thought it was a good idea to try out its own forum and for the first month it worked incredibly well with even more people participating in the threads. So for that month, it was a great idea as it sparked loads of discussion and encouraged more people into that forum than read AMAs in Chat.

However, after about two months, the number of people taking part dwindled to very small numbers as fewer people went to the forum and thus the AMA threads were much less visible. As worrying, we saw a very slight downturn in discussion going on in Chat too. We've seen that happen in the past where a popular forum has been split into two and it's killed both forums. So there was a 'hint' that AMAs were helping to drive the popularity of Chat.

As AMAs have been some of our most popular content on the site for almost two years, we decided to move them back into Chat where they will be seen by a much larger audience again (Chat being our single most popular forum on the site). We want TSR to continue growing, not shrink.

We'll see how it goes now they're back
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why is the rum always gone?
Captain Jack
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
because it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels

(unless mixed with Coke)
zedeneye1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
is this ur father ?

Spoiler:
Show
RoyalBlue7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can you change my username?
Captain Jack
Rep:
?
(Original post by zedeneye1)
is this ur father ?

Spoiler:
Show
Close, but my father is actually...

Spoiler:
Show

Captain Jack
Rep:
?
(Original post by RoyalBlue7)
Can you change my username?
I technically can but we don't change usernames unless there is a very, very, very, very, very, very good reason. E.g. you included your real name when you shouldn't have. What is your reason, pray tell? :holmes:
Balloon Baboon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)

Ahh, Rum! the drink that ALWAYS allows you to forget you've been drinking. That is, until you wake up the next morning with the WORST hangover in the history of hangovers.
RoyalBlue7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I technically can but we don't change usernames unless there is a very, very, very, very, very, very good reason. E.g. you included your real name when you shouldn't have. What is your reason, pray tell? :holmes:
Why should there always be a " very, very, very, very, very, very good reason"? :erm:
Captain Jack
Rep:
?
Why should there always be a " very, very, very, very, very, very good reason"? :erm:
First and foremost, it's vital to communities like TSR that people don't change their usernames. If people keep changing their names, the site would become utterly bonkers and impossible to use as you'd never know who was who. Having a username is important for other members to recognise who they are talking to and to link content back to that identity.

On a lesser note, currently it is massively labour intensive and we already have too many people asking to change their name almost immediately after registering because they went for their real name and no longer want that to be shared. The poor mods have been dealing with this for years although we're starting to help them out with that now And we have a development request from the mods to change the registration form to help prevent that happening, which will happen soon.
ΘTheta
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Ask me anything!
How much do you get paid as TSR Community Director, if you don't mind me asking?
RoyalBlue7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
First and foremost, it's vital to communities like TSR that people don't change their usernames. If people keep changing their names, the site would become utterly bonkers and impossible to use as you'd never know who was who. Having a username is important for other members to recognise who they are talking to and to link content back to that identity.

On a lesser note, currently it is massively labour intensive and we already have too many people asking to change their name almost immediately after registering because they went for their real name and no longer want that to be shared. The poor mods have been dealing with this for years although we're starting to help them out with that now And we have a development request from the mods to change the registration form to help prevent that happening, which will happen soon.
So why weren't we warned we wouldn't be able to change the username we give when signing up or advised to use a username that would make us secure online and protect our privacy? Wouldn't that avoid all these "people asking to change their name almost immediately after registering"? Edit: now I saw your edit. lol that's good :yy:

Btw I wasn't asking why we are not allowed to change our username as and when we want - I was asking why mods always need to be told "a very, very, very, very, very, very good reason" for them to be allowed to change our usernames...?
Nick Parsons
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What does "Community Director" mean?

Do you work from home?

What's your typical day like? Keep it very brief
Captain Jack
Rep:
?
(Original post by ΘTheta)
How much do you get paid as TSR Community Director, if you don't mind me asking?
Gosh I'm not allowed to talk about what I am paid I am afraid - sorry! do you just want to know or are you interested in a similar career?
Captain Jack
Rep:
?
So why weren't we warned we wouldn't be able to change the username we give when signing up or advised to use a username that would make us secure online and protect our privacy? Wouldn't that avoid all these "people asking to change their name almost immediately after registering"? Edit: now I saw your edit. lol that's good :yy:

Btw I wasn't asking why we are not allowed to change our username as and when we want - I was asking why mods always need to be told "a very, very, very, very, very, very good reason" for them to be allowed to change our usernames...?
I was exaggerating slightly on the verys. But they need a good reason like "to protect my privacy" to go against the site's terms of engagement which says it can't be changed. It is silly we don't say that up front though so that will be changed soon and I'm glad the mods have raised it with us.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Ask me anything!
what does AMA stand for ?

:hmmmm2:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.14%
No - but I will (41)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (281)
46.6%

Watched Threads