What are the correct reactants and products of photosynthesis & cellular respiration. Watch

pretty star
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Reactants: -Water-Oxygen-Sugars-Carbon Dioxide-LightProducts:-Light-Water-Sugars-Carbon Dioxide-OxygenOut of these, what are the reactants of photosynthesis and what are the products?*of photosynthesis and cellular respiration
charco
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by pretty star)
Reactants: -Water-Oxygen-Sugars-Carbon Dioxide-LightProducts:-Light-Water-Sugars-Carbon Dioxide-OxygenOut of these, what are the reactants of photosynthesis and what are the products?*of photosynthesis and cellular respiration
photosynthesis uses sun's energy (light) to turn carbon dioxide and water into sugars.

cellular respiration produces energy by turning sugars and oxygen into carbon dioxide and water
Kallisto
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The reactants of the photosynthesis are water and carbon dioxide. The plants are using these ones to turn them with the help of the sun light into sugar, glucose to be exact. Oxygen, another product of the photosynthesis beside glucose, is released in the atmosphere.

The glucose is turning into energy during the cellular respiration, but a certain sum of glucose remains as starch, that is quasi the reserve of the plants. The turning into energy happens with the help of oxygen in atmosphere. At the end of the cellular respiration, carbon dioxide and water are released by stomata of the plants.

So the cellular respiration is vice versa in comparison to photosynthesis. In the cellular respiration the reactants are glucose and oxygen and the products carbon dioxide and water.
Last edited by Kallisto; 3 weeks ago
Dmackz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Photosynthesis: carbon dioxide + water----> oxygen + glucose
Cellular respiration: oxygen + glucose ----> carbon dioxide + water
Kallisto
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Dmackz)
Photosynthesis: carbon dioxide + water----> oxygen + glucose
Cellular respiration: oxygen + glucose ----> carbon dioxide + water
A bit late, but with just two words and a simple reaction cycle, you really nailed it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (44)
9.19%
I used to but I don't now (13)
2.71%
No, but I want to start (171)
35.7%
No, I am unable to (112)
23.38%
No, I chose not to (139)
29.02%