Biochemistry notes Watch

Harvey Spector
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi there

I am a first year biochemistry and biological chemistry student and i am finding lecture notes so simple and they do not have enough information what so ever. I find books to be somewhat helpful but sometimes very longwinded, i was wondering if there were any places where you can find notes on certain topics or summary of key points

thank you for anyone that helps
Eloades11
  • Study Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have you tried Stryer's Biochemistry? I know you didn't ask for books, but it really does summarise the main things you need to know in clear and concise steps, and it's more than you need for your first year.
Rayona
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How do you answer this question ?? help me

the glycolytic intermediate, dihydroxyacetone phosphate (DHAP) can be assayed by this reaction; DHAP + NADH + H+ >> G3P + NAD+ (glycerophosphate dehydrogenase) when 25(micro litre) of a solution contain DHAP was added to a cuvette, containing the required substrates and enzymes in excess, to give a total volume of 1ml, the absorbance at 340nm dropped from 2.0 to 0.6 absorbance units. (you can assume the reaction proceeds to completion.) Given that the millimolar absorptivity constant, at 340nm, for NADH is 6.22L/mol, calculate the millimolar concentration of the original DHAP solution.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (308)
37.47%
No - but I will (64)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.42%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.32%

Watched Threads