International student with disturbing GCSE's needs ur opinion! Watch

bobabob
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi there people. I know u r fed up with stuff like this but I really need ur help.

So basically my GCSEs were awful, I would even say they were s**t. I got A*A*A*BCC. This is because I am an international student and it was my first year in England, I could barely speak english. However at the same time I got my Russian GCSEs which were 6A's and 9B's (there is no such grade as an A* in Russia so an A is the top one). My AS grades were AAAAB in Maths, Further maths, Psychology, Russian and Business respectively (dropped business). Being predicted A*A*AA (A* in maths and russian) I have applied to LSE (management), UCL (management), KCL (econ and management), City (econ) and Westminster. Got offers from City and Westminster already.

What would u say about my chances of getting into these unis? I am sure LSE will not take me with these GCSE's however what do u think about other unis that Ive applied to? Might they understand that my english was not good enough to cope with the demands of those subjects? + considering that my AS and predicted are pretty good.

Thanks for taking ur time! <3
ktjade
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Many universities will not take into account your GCSES, only your AS levels and your predicted grades - but those GCSES are very good so either way you'll be fine!
Helloworld_95
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You should be able to get it in your reference that you only just started to learn English during your GCSEs and that'll give you some more leeway. I'd say contact the unis first though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (212)
39.41%
No - but I will (38)
7.06%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.69%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (252)
46.84%

Watched Threads