- undiagnosed illness - few Quick Q's On Ucas? Watch

Cazemtheninja
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Basically im applying for uni via ucas, theres a few things im unsure about. For a start i was told to enter any medical problems i may have, but i currently have an undiagnosed pain condition and no ones really sure wjat it is?? So how do i put this? And does it count? It did take a large chunk of time away from college and does affect me on an everyday basis. Also if this does count since it reduced my college attendance by around 40% last year is there any way i can get the boundries lowered? Id rather not but i dont want to end up not having a uni to go to because of hospitilisation it would devistate me.

Any help is appriciated

On a seperate note anyone know if i can apply for disability allowance with an undiagnosed condition? Getting a jobs pretty hard right now so it would help.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can enter it. You just give tge details of how it affects you rather than the condition name. This may make it hard to enter on the ucas form, but your referee could put it un your reference and email further details to the unis.

You can apply for DSA. This is based on your study needs, so if you need additional equipment because of your condition you will be eligible. However, they don't give you money - they give you stuff to help you study. So you might be funded for a note taker to help by taking notes in lectures.
It depends on what your pain is and how it affects you as to what you will get.

If you want DLA this is not based on student status. However, it has changed to PIP - personal independence payments. I'm not too sure of the details so can't advise further.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cazemtheninja
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thanks, the pain usually means i miss some of the lessons and study times that are set so maybe they would help by getting me notes sent or something. I dont know but youve been a great help
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Cazemtheninja)
Thanks, the pain usually means i miss some of the lessons and study times that are set so maybe they would help by getting me notes sent or something. I dont know but youve been a great help
That's the kind of thing you need to think about. "Undiagnosed pain condition" is vague and doesn't tell unis anything about your problem.

Do you have trouble carrying books (eg home from library, or around school between lessons)?
Do you take medication that makes you sleepy?
Do you find sitting or writing for long periods of time difficult?

I can understand you might not want to post the answers online, but if you can think about it and discuss it with your referee it would be helpful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (378)
37.35%
No - but I will (77)
7.61%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.02%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (486)
48.02%

Watched Threads