The Student Room Group

ACCA In own time

Hi there

Currently I am looking for a career change and having saved up some money I am looking at doing the ACCA course, probably through Kaplan or BPP as a distance course in my own time.

I have spoken to Kaplan but am still a little unsure on a couple of things regarding exactly what I will need to do and was hoping I could get some advice here. Apologies in advance if my questions seem silly, I just want to make sure I have everything correct and in the right order before committing.

So first of all I need to register to become an ACCA student?

I am aware that to begin with the first steps are the knowledge modules, f1, f2 and f3. I am unsure, is it recommended to study all three of these at the same time, or stagger them, ie start f1 in Nov, f2 Jan and f3 Feb...

I know it is not an easy course, but I am good with numbers and willing to put the time and effort in but just need some advice on the best route to get into it and make a start.

Thank you for any help in advance.
Yes you need to register as a student. You can take the exams any way you feel comfortable with. Most people do 2 or 3 at a time. Are you studying full time or part time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply.

I work for myself currently so although it won't be full time I am able to put a lot of hours in with distance study. The route I am looking currently is to sign up for f1-3 and aim to do the exams for these in the June exam period.

Another option I was considering would be to do the AAT and then try and get an accounts related job to work alongside then studying for the ACCA.

Would this be advisable or am I best going straight into the ACCA and getting some modules under my belt and then applying for work experience/ trainee roles whilst I complete the ACCA...

Thanks again
Hi,

That's really a matter of choice and what's suited to you..

The AAT is a brilliant qualification for starting off in accountancy with little/some knowledge, and completion of AAT L4 actually means you are exempt from ACCA Knowledge Level papers.

Some companies will sponsor/part fund you studying ACCA as part of your development but they'd generally want you to have experience in Accountancy first - this is why quite a few people start off on AAT.

Did you have any more questions I can help you out with? :smile:

Lucy - Professional Qualifications

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending