The Student Room Group

Most repped members on The Student Room: Nov 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arkasia
I think second place deserves a prize as well, eh guys?

Guys?

:frown:

Aww. :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by yo radical one
The person who comes second is just the first in a long line of losers, just ask Arkasia

I like to think of it as a similar thing to being head of the Lib Dems. Good for you, but ultimately pointless.
Original post by Chlorophile
To be honest I think you're taking it a bit too seriously, I find a "Thank you so much, that was really helpful!" a lot more rewarding than a virtual internet point!

I don't think I am taking it too seriously. :indiff: I agree that someone posting to thank you for helping them is much nicer than rep, but that almost never happens.
Original post by Snufkin
I think disabling rep in the Chat forum altogether would be a start. I also think mods/community staff should rep helpful posts more, especially if the OP whose question has been answered doesn't. A more long-term solution could be increasing the power of rep in certain forums (so rep in the study help forum is worth more than in D&CA for example).

I don't have anything against TSR being a place for people to have fun. But I simply don't agree that this competition was lighthearted fun. At least one user in the final top 10 has continuously and knowingly given poor and often simply wrong advice to people over the last few weeks - I don't see how rewarding such behaviour is fun.

The cat is out of the bag, my friend. Name and shame.

(Inb4 me)
Original post by Arkasia
The cat is out of the bag, my friend. Name and shame.

(Inb4 me)

I think s/he's referring to Safiya122.
Original post by Chlorophile
I think s/he's referring to Safiya122.

I got that feeling too, but didn't want to say :redface:
Reply 426
Original post by Snufkin
I don't have anything against TSR being a place for people to have fun. But I simply don't agree that this competition was lighthearted fun. At least one user in the final top 10 has continuously and knowingly given poor and often simply wrong advice to people over the last few weeks - I don't see how rewarding such behaviour is fun.

Wouldn't it be great if there were some way of members indicating that they don't like a post, or that it is unhelpful? Surely such a mechanic would be a useful addition to TSR, rather than only being able to indicate positives?

It could sort of work counter to regular rep. We could call it anti-rep or something.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Clip
Wouldn't it be great if there were some way of members indicating that they don't like a post, or that it is unhelpful? Surely such a mechanic would be a useful addition to TSR, rather than only being able to indicate positives?

It could sort of work counter to regular rep. We could call it anti-rep or something.

CHOO CHOO HERE COMES THE NEG TRAIN

Original post by shooks
OK then folks - it's the moment you've all been waiting for (yeah, you have really)...the result of November's TSR most repped competition.

And - having led from the front since very early on - Chlorophile has romped home with a huge winning margin. Congrats to you, O rep king.

His 338 reps were worth 1,038 rep points over the month - so we'll be adding that value to his rep count right away.

Well done to everyone who's featured in the leaderboards, you're all winners really (except for the purposes of this competition, obviously...)

Overall top 10

those just outside the top 10

Is this most repped thing going to be every month? :smile:
Original post by Clip

Oh I am Laffin :giggle:

At least they've finally gotten new system rolling though so we're not stuck with unhelpful rubbish being pos repped. It was an awkward transition but we did it. We survived the great green blight.
Original post by shooks
Congrats to Chlorophile for coming top of the November league table.

Who's making the wittiest, most interesting, most helpful posts on The Student Room right now?

That's what this new feature is going to find out. The whole point of TSR is to talk to other people - to give them useful advice, to make them laugh, to make them think.

And if you're making great posts, then people will give you rep (find out more about TSR's rep system).

This chart, which I'll be updating twice a week, shows who has been repped the most times this month.

It lists the total number of times you've been repped - not the total amount of rep points you've received. It's that way round so that helping out a newbie on their first thread is just as valuable as being repped by one of TSR's power users.

So, how good are your posts? Can you make it into the top 10? And if you do, can you reach the very top?

At the end of the month, the most repped member will be declared the winner. As well as the bragging rights of being crowned TSR's most interesting and helpful member that month, you'll get an added bonus. The community team will double the rep points you've earned in that month.

There's only one rule: no setting up of dupe accounts to rep yourself. For one thing, it's horribly time-consuming and you've got better things to be doing. For another, we have an amazing data guru in the office who will check the winner's reps for any from dupes. Anyone who's been gaming the system gets a big smack with the ol' disqualification hammer.

Top 10 members by reps: final table Nov 2014

Anything for December?
Original post by Morrisseya
CHOO CHOO HERE COMES THE NEG TRAIN

Spoiler

I miss neg rep.
Original post by Enoxial
Anything for December?

Badges are coming... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3004539

Quick Reply

Latest