The Student Room Group

Market efficiency

Right I need some help with the following.

Select a market which you think is competitive and works efficiently. Explain why you believe this to be the case using supply and demand. Have to do this and then do one that doesn't work efficiently using the same ideas.

I'm really stuck, can someone help me pleaseeee
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by Super199

Select a market which you think is competitive and works efficiently. Explain why you believe this to be the case using supply and demand. Have to do this and then do one that doesn't work efficiently using the same ideas.

I reckon it has got to do something with the "free market", where the market mechanism leads to a competitive equilibrium price and quantity
Original post by Super199

Doing this with just S&D curves is actually quite difficult. You'll want to be looking at Cost/Revenue curves and different market structures such as Oligopoly, Monopoly and Perfect Competition. A simple google will suffice to find information on them.

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest