Computer Science with an Integrated Foundation Year Watch

TayToe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello, I recently posted a thread about not having an A level in maths, as required by a majority of universities.

I emailed specific universities about my situation to see if there is anything I can do to get on the course. There reply basically stated that I could attend a course named "Science with an Integrated Foundation Year (4 or 5 Years)", which I believe is one year program that helps improve knowledge on these subjects and guarantees a placement in the next 3-4 years (if done satisfactory).

My question is this:
I initially wanted to attend the four year "MEng" course, which is similar to the three year bachelors degree with an additional year to achieve a masters (please correct me if I am wrong, these are my first thoughts). As the title of the foundation course states "4 or 5 years", does this mean I can, if I wanted to, choose five years and do my masters in a total of five years?

Also, as Lancaster do not require a maths A level, do you guys think that it may be better to just go to Lancaster and cut out the need of doing another year in university for the same/similar outcome?

I do live rather close to Manchester and would not need to travel very far to get there, and with having a steady relationship also I would rather not move too far away. I also love the idea of a city life as opposed a rather rural life and do enjoy spending time in Manchester.

My way of seeing it is, if I wasn't able to get a place in a university due to the A level, I would only be spending another year anyway so this foundation course seems like a good idea, at the moment.

Any information about integrated foundation years would be very helpful. Thank you for reading.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads