The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Not posted on here for a few months now. Finished my year working abroad in May and then went off to America to work on a summer camp from the end of June to August. It was an awesome year, mostly spent travelling, and it was nice to have a break from uni/education.

Back to the grind of final year now though! Organising stuff for going back to uni at the moment. I go back to Nottingham on the 18th and we start lectures/seminars on the 28th. I've started reading some of the books for my modules and prepping for my dissertation just to get a head start because I know this year is going to be super intense.

How is everyone doing? :smile:
Just found out who my research project supervisor is- really relieved I got my first choice of the senior lecturer in pharmacology :woo:

can't wait to get back next week now :biggrin:
Just got an email this morning saying we have an introductory lecture on Thursday. First I've heard of it, and so it begins! 😐

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilGem
Just found out who my research project supervisor is- really relieved I got my first choice of the senior lecturer in pharmacology :woo:

can't wait to get back next week now :biggrin:

Congrats :biggrin: Are you going back into your final year too?

Original post by Vitamin D
Just got an email this morning saying we have an introductory lecture on Thursday. First I've heard of it, and so it begins! 😐

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which year are you going into? :smile:
Original post by DannyW94
Congrats :biggrin: Are you going back into your final year too?

I am, I go back on sunday- luckily lectures don't start till the thursday but I'll be helping out with the new school freshers the first day or two :smile:

Absolutely terrified though :scared:
Original post by DannyW94

Second year! Need to pull my GPA up this year because I'm hoping to get into the placement year my course offers 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
HOW AM I GOING INTO MY THIRD YEAR. I'M NOT SMART ENOUGH FOR THIS WHO THINKS THIS IS RESPONSIBLE

it might be chill though
Original post by chickenonsteroids
HOW AM I GOING INTO MY THIRD YEAR. I'M NOT SMART ENOUGH FOR THIS WHO THINKS THIS IS RESPONSIBLE

it might be chill though

this, so much this

-------

the boy might possibly have shingles so I won't be able to see him before I'm Norwich bound Sunday :cry2: :sad:
Original post by lilGem
I am, I go back on sunday- luckily lectures don't start till the thursday but I'll be helping out with the new school freshers the first day or two :smile:

Absolutely terrified though :scared:

Yeah my lectures don't start until the 28th but I'm heading back this weekend to get settled and unpacked. Same! It's a mixture of feelings for me. I'm terrified about the workload and the idea of finishing but excited to get back into the swing of things. Really miss uni life when I'm not there.

Original post by Vitamin D
Second year! Need to pull my GPA up this year because I'm hoping to get into the placement year my course offers 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome :biggrin: Good luck! I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by lilGem
this, so much this

-------

the boy might possibly have shingles so I won't be able to see him before I'm Norwich bound Sunday :cry2: :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you had chickenpox? If you have shingles isn't contagious so you should be fine to see him - unless he is feeling bad! I had it a few months ago and the doctors wouldn't sign me off work because of this...

I wouldn't advise he wanders around in public due to the risk to pregnant women but you should be fine to visit him?
Original post by ninegrandstudent
Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you had chickenpox? If you have shingles isn't contagious so you should be fine to see him - unless he is feeling bad! I had it a few months ago and the doctors wouldn't sign me off work because of this...

I wouldn't advise he wanders around in public due to the risk to pregnant women but you should be fine to visit him?

I have had chickenpox yeah. He just went to the drs this morning and he has hand, foot and mouth infection :frown:
Two weeks in and I'm already way behind in my reading. I'm not used to doing two essays a week! :bricks:
Original post by Snufkin
Two weeks in and I'm already way behind in my reading. I'm not used to doing two essays a week! :bricks:

I've have never understood how its possible to do two essays a week without wrecking yourself. I've done a few last minute over 2/3 days but then I'm drained and all I can do is sleep for days after.
Feeling a bit nervy now about second year, had an introductory lecture today and they were talking about the placement year. Our GPA is on a 22-point scale, they said the minimum advertised is 15 (a B3) for the placement but last year they didn't really consider anyone with a GPA of below 17 (B1)! Right now I'm sitting at 14.67 thanks to the horrendous chemistry grade from first year :frown: hmmm

Posted from TSR Mobile
nearly packed to go back just coats, shoes, toiletries and hanging stuff left to do!

found out my first lecture of 3rd year is now on tuesday :redface:

can't wait to be doing stuff again and learning!

still sad I won't be able to see the boy though
Original post by chickenonsteroids

it might be chill though

Omg this is my life :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shorttstuff
Omg this is my life :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: we'll all get through it together
Going into third year too. We start planning for our dissertation this year and actually get round to doing it for fourth year
Good luck to everyone starting their third year - it's quite a journey :tongue: hehe.
Off to the welcome talks next week for my master's degree! Ahh, exciting!
2nd day of lectures as a third year (albeit only had 2 introductory lectures) and I've just been set 2 pieces of coursework: 2000 word essay and a 2500 word report. Oh and being set another piece of coursework on Monday (1500 word report) :scared:

I do however have a meeting with my project supervisor next Friday to work out my project and be given some preliminary reading for it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending