The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by snailsareslimy

I hope you had a great birthday!! :hugs:
Original post by Anthropologist
You get to pick your modules already? :O

UEA have always made continuing students choose in March
In Leeds atm moving boyfriend into his new flat and I wanna staaaay! It's such a nice city.

Embarrassed at my maths skills but can anybody tell me how to rearrange this to solve for x:

1/(x multipied by 0.154) = 56.25

Do basic maths textbooks go through all the diff equation rearrangements? Cause I should probably get one. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WhamBamJam.
In Leeds atm moving boyfriend into his new flat and I wanna staaaay! It's such a nice city.

Embarrassed at my maths skills but can anybody tell me how to rearrange this to solve for x:

Do basic maths textbooks go through all the diff equation rearrangements? Cause I should probably get one. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Multiply both sides by x, then divide both sides by 56.25 (if I've read it right).
Bitesize might help you out :smile:
Got my exam timetable, another Saturday exam. :mad:
Original post by Dusky Mauve
Multiply both sides by x, then divide both sides by 56.25 (if I've read it right).
Bitesize might help you out :smile:

Thank you - so ashamed :colondollar:

But if you multiply the left side where there's is already an x, you don't get rid of the x?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Idk for sure cos I haven't done maths for 10 years and I always did this stuff in my head rather than proper reareangement to work out ---

1 / 56.25 = x multiplied by 0.154

So (1/56.25)/0.154 = x

I think? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you - so ashamed :colondollar:

But if you multiply the left side where there's is already an x, you don't get rid of the x?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, if there's an x on the bottom of the fraction, multiplying by x will get rid of it :smile:
So many people in Leeds nowadays! :biggrin: any meet ups, I'm up for!
got my exam timetable today:

genetics: 29th April
biochem: 6th May
cell biology: 8th May
human physiology: 20th May
molecular biology: 21st May
22nd May: microbiology

those final 3 will kill me :cry:
You have indeed! Thanks babes :suith:. Can't believe I'm 21!

Can't wait to get trashed tonight. Expect drunken snap stories. #yolo

happy belated birthday
Working on Blueprints for my Intro To Level Design assignment, the tutor better ****ing appreciate this, **** be hard.

Also:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Currently the answer this is looking for is 56.25, you want to rearrange the equation so that the answer it is looking for is x.

Start by shifting x over to the right side of the equation, so 1/(0.154) = x * 56.25

Then move 56.25 to the left side so 1/(0.154 * 56.25) = x

x = 0.11544

Put that back into the original equation to check:
1/(0.154 * 0.11544) = 56.25

As long as you always remember to check your answer you should be able to shunt things about even if you forget the exact method.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi all I am currently in my final year doing my dissertation I would greatly appreciate it if any of you could fill out my dissertation survey it takes literally 30 seconds! Thanks in advance! https://docs.google.com/a/student.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/forms/d/1-s0fcNoXPjS5JNnDVmyPwoNF2yjerEDTZ4b6mqw1ggM/viewform
Original post by DasSnipez
Working on Blueprints for my Intro To Level Design assignment, the tutor better ****ing appreciate this, **** be hard.

Also:

Currently the answer this is looking for is 56.25, you want to rearrange the equation so that the answer it is looking for is x.

Start by shifting x over to the right side of the equation, so 1/(0.154) = x * 56.25

Then move 56.25 to the left side so 1/(0.154 * 56.25) = x

x = 0.11544

Put that back into the original equation to check:
1/(0.154 * 0.11544) = 56.25

As long as you always remember to check your answer you should be able to shunt things about even if you forget the exact method.

Thank you heaps!! :biggrin: I can finally finish my tutorial work.. which is haarrrrd and yet I get stuck on the simplest equation haha. Thank you.
Original post by lilGem
have a fab day lovely! :party: :hugs

lab report submitted :woo: and books taken out for the cell biology essay; exam timetable tomorrow along with molecular coursework being set and then choosing modules for 3rd year next week :eek:

Original post by BeyondandAbove
happy belated birthday

Original post by MyName??!
I hope you had a great birthday!! :hugs:

Thanks guys :awesome:. I had a great day, and I'm going out tonight with all my friends from work to get absolutely trashed. Can't wait to turn up to my Monday morning lecture still steaming :rofl:.
For the first time since I started back at uni, I've actually felt like I want to study. I'm so thankful I'm finally feeling more normal, weeks of literally wanting to do nothing but sleep has been killing me, tbh. I still haven't done that dissertation work but as I'm feeling motivated right now, and awake, I'm gonna try knock it out then I can email her it and arrange a meeting for this week (then attempt to explain why I've not been around and get back on track). I also feel like I'm getting the anxiety I was feeling and sort of depressive turns I had under control, too. Haven't felt panicky in a few weeks now, which has been pretty good.
Gonna start posting in here more regularly because I need to get my **** together. Only got 1 semester left, if I get 60 in my last 4 modules, I'm gonna graduate with a solid 2:1. That's all I want, tbh. A solid 2:1.

So yeah, gonna have to try hit the library this week and get some serious studying done. To-do list for this week:

- Finish dissertation chapter
- Reference
- Email tutor and arrange a meeting

- Email tutors and ask if I can use them as references on my MA application
- Send application off
- Apply for other MA

- Do reading for Monday, bring Nox
- Finish blog design and start researching illuminations
- Do a blog post
- Take images of illuminations
- Send link to tutor
- Start doing sum-up blogs for each week, take photographs

- Start making notes on MMM readings/lectures/tutorials
- Do reading for Tuesday
Have this Oxford interview tomorrow and so not prepared :erm:
Thanks guys :awesome:. I had a great day, and I'm going out tonight with all my friends from work to get absolutely trashed. Can't wait to turn up to my Monday morning lecture still steaming :rofl:.

belated happy birthday :biggrin:
Accidentally took most of yesterday off due to feeling rubbish but I'm feeling better today and ready to plough through seminar reading. First up third sector, then Russia and the war on terrorism.
Original post by Slowbro93
Have this Oxford interview tomorrow and so not prepared :erm:

Good luck!

---------------------------

Tis a new monday peeps!... And I have so much work to dooooooo :emo:

Quick Reply

Latest