Pat Parelli Vs Monty Roberts Watch

keelyhanson
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys !!

One of my modules at college is to do an investigative project !! I am doing an investigation into the comparison between the methods of Pat Parelli and Monty Roberts and would like to know if anyone has an opinion on their methods!!

If you do please please please let me know what you think it would be a great help for my research
gmlimages
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have only studied the Parelli mehtods but I believe the principles are the same. They use negative reinforcement and to some extent or another flooding.
As we know flooding is to be avoided as it has some very serious fallout if applied incorrectly - the horse will be sensitised to the stimulus instead of desensitised.
What I don't like about Parelli is the used of escalating pressure, plus they do seem to whack horses a lot on the chin with the clip of the lead rope. Also they seem to use psychology on people to make them feel good about using this technique.
Parelli don't do round penning but do chase the horses round in arenas until they give in and give up.
Be interesting to hear from someone who has done both.
If more people would study learning theory correctly they may see these types of training in a different light.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed