Finance university mistake? Watch

JRosa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I had to defer my studies for a year after my second year due to having my daughter. I had to put in a mitigating circumstances during the summer holidays due to personal reasons. This claim was accepted and i was told that i could resit the exams once i returned to university.

I returned to uni and at the end of the third year when i expected to graduate i was told that i had been put in for a second year module during my third year instead of a third year one without being informed and that i would have to return to university to complete a third year module. Not only that but i am told that i have to pay the higher fee even though when i signed up to my course i signed up to paying for the lower fee. I find this unfair as it is the universities mistake.

I'm interested to see if anyone else has been in a similar circumstance? Is there any way that i can challenge this?

Thank you
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Were you told why you have to pay the higher fees? My understanding is that if you were on the course prior to Septmeber 2012, the lower fees apply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads