University UCAS Clearance Application Watch

hughoboyle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Scenario - not sure how this works but any help would be appreciated.

Let's say I apply for 5 universities, A,B,C,D and E and am declined by my top two choices A and B but receive offers from the three others, C, D and E. Obviously I want to go to the best possibe uni, so...could I then apply to other universities outside of my 5 choices that are better than my 3 safe choices without having to decline my safe C, D and E choices?

If so, does this have to be done officially through UCAS clearing or could I do it unofficially without telling UCAS just by ringing up other universities and asking if they have spaces available (like I said without declining my safe C, D and E uni choices of course). I guess what I'm trying to get at is whether I can apply to other uni's while not using UCAS after my offers.

Literally no idea so like I said any help would be appreciated!
TVIO
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hughoboyle)
Scenario - not sure how this works but any help would be appreciated.

Let's say I apply for 5 universities, A,B,C,D and E and am declined by my top two choices A and B but receive offers from the three others, C, D and E. Obviously I want to go to the best possibe uni, so...could I then apply to other universities outside of my 5 choices that are better than my 3 safe choices without having to decline my safe C, D and E choices?

If so, does this have to be done officially through UCAS clearing or could I do it unofficially without telling UCAS just by ringing up other universities and asking if they have spaces available (like I said without declining my safe C, D and E uni choices of course). I guess what I'm trying to get at is whether I can apply to other uni's while not using UCAS after my offers.

Literally no idea so like I said any help would be appreciated!
If you firm one of your 3 remaining choices then you could apply through adjustment to more unis if you exceed your offers. This won't be till august.
hughoboyle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I could firm my first choice out of my C, D and E and through adjustment look for better universities that are perhaps on par with A and B? While not declining my firm? If I did this, would my firm at any point know of my intention to look at other universities through adjustment?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (112)
38.75%
No - but I will (13)
4.5%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.92%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (144)
49.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise