Turn on thread page Beta

How many driving lessons did you need before you took your test? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i was on a main road coming home from college and it was pretty busy. an old guy on a side road decided to ignore the give way sign and just drove straight across the main road. he was going to hit my side so i braked and went into him (cos he was quite far across the road by then), he then bounced into the car at the opposite junction who got knocked into the one behind. he managed to put me and my mum in hospital (we're both ok, just comparing bruises) and my car + his car are both write offs. i think the police are going to press charges against him and if he didn't admit fault he wouldn't have a leg to stand on cos we have about 4 witnesses including pedestrians.

i've always been very nervous driving and had just got my confidence and was saying that morning that i actually quite like it. i was just staring to ring up and try and get a cancellation, but now i feel like i'm going to have to start again.

lou xxx
    i think you should not let this stop you. i know e've all heard it before but it really is like getting back on a horse after you've fallen off. if you don't then it'll becaome a much bigger issue and all the time you've spent learning will be a waste. don't let the accident stop you but let it improve you/ my mum's friend was a passenger in a near fatal car accident and as soon as she was able to, she started driving again. at first she just drove around the village she lived in because she got panic attacks if she went any further. now she drives to london and is so glad she got back into driving as soon a she could
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Got my insurance renewal through this morning just under £300 - £10 a month cheaper than last year just need to insure my no claims discount (5 yrs :cool: ) and I'll be sorted.

Although I've still got to put up with all the crap of getting quotes from other people

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=lou p lou]i was on a main road coming home from college and it was pretty busy. an old guy on a side road decided to ignore the give way sign and just drove straight across the main road. he was going to hit my side so i braked and went into him (cos he was quite far across the road by then), he then bounced into the car at the opposite junction who got knocked into the one behind. he managed to put me and my mum in hospital (we're both ok, just comparing bruises) and my car + his car are both write offs. i think the police are going to press charges against him and if he didn't admit fault he wouldn't have a leg to stand on cos we have about 4 witnesses including pedestrians.

i've always been very nervous driving and had just got my confidence and was saying that morning that i actually quite like it. i was just staring to ring up and try and get a cancellation, but now i feel like i'm going to have to start again.

I had an accident a week ago with my brothers car, i was practsing with him
    and a i was going into a main road when a car comes from my right out of nowere and takes some of my bumper with him!
    it cost 600 quid to get it fixed luckly i was insured, i **** bricks wen i drive with my instructor now. I am extra careful now wen driving.

ReputationRep:
    I had about 10 beofre my first test, then another couple beofre my 2nd test and 2 more beofre my 3rd test- then i passed!!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.