Been unemployed for a year now Watch

The_Last_Melon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What should I do? Something is clearly holding me back. Previously it was my health, but now i'm fine I just kind of lack courage. I don't want to feel inadequate, or useless. And I don't want to be treated bad by people. Like being ordered around in public when you're a grown man like some kind of slave.. what's the point? I'm not here to be danced around like a bear on a chain.

I'll do good honest work, I'm fine with that - but that's not what people want. People want to feed their owns ego's and use you for that reason. Well you can't pay me 10 million pound an hour for that. Go find another monkey.
JamieMT92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Everyone's got to start at the bottom, get on the career ladder then apply for better jobs from a position of strength.
Balloon Baboon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The_Last_Melon)
What should I do? Something is clearly holding me back. Previously it was my health, but now i'm fine I just kind of lack courage. I don't want to feel inadequate, or useless. And I don't want to be treated bad by people. Like being ordered around in public when you're a grown man like some kind of slave.. what's the point? I'm not here to be danced around like a bear on a chain.

I'll do good honest work, I'm fine with that - but that's not what people want. People want to feed their owns ego's and use you for that reason. Well you can't pay me 10 million pound an hour for that. Go find another monkey.
Maybe take on some training. An apprenticeship in something you're interested in, maybe?
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No one can afford to pay £10m an hour lol

But be grateful that you aren't in countries where the employed get 10p an hour
Balloon Baboon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Probably should of starting with this question, but - a year ago - what did you do as a job? :confused:
Black Cat
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
Sign on
Huskaris
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Get any job, and then work your way up.

Best of luck to you mate, you deserve it
The_Last_Melon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lee R)
Probably should of starting with this question, but - a year ago - what did you do as a job? :confused:
Lifeguard.
Balloon Baboon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lifeguard.
Ok. What are you interested in?
The_Last_Melon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lee R)
Ok. What are you interested in?
Physics, machines, engines, electricity, mathematics, aeroplanes, classical guitar music, gunpowder, happiness, concept of good and evil, philosophy, GUI programming.

I could go on...
Balloon Baboon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Physics, machines, engines, electricity, mathematics, aeroplanes, classical guitar music, gunpowder, happiness, concept of good and evil, philosophy, GUI programming.

I could go on...

Have you thought about an apprenticeship in Engineering?
The_Last_Melon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lee R)
Have you thought about an apprenticeship in Engineering?
All my apprenticeship applications have been unsuccessful and I haven't received any feedback for why. (ie I've lost hope)
TheEpiphany
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you have any degree to work with ?
Balloon Baboon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
All my apprenticeship applications have been unsuccessful and I haven't received any feedback for why. (ie I've lost hope)

That may just be due to the amount of places that are available compared to the amount of applicants. Keep trying.
DErasmus
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shawn_o1)
No one can afford to pay £10m an hour lol

But be grateful that you aren't in countries where the employed get 10p an hour
I might be mistaken but don't these countries usually have lower priced items? You can't sell anything if no one can afford it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.86%
No - but I will (101)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (632)
47.66%

Watched Threads