Black people and asians(pakistanis,Indians,bengal is etc) will you Watch

matthewduncan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Be wearing a poppy this year?
Just asking because one thing i have noticed is that black people and asians in general tend not to wear poppies or they wear them significantly less than white people.
If not say why
Balloon Baboon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by matthewduncan)
Just asking because one thing i have noticed is that black people and asians in general tend not to wear poppies or they wear them significantly less than white people.
If not say why

Oh, that's funny - I've been talking about a can of worms in another thread...
Yemiisii
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If not say why
I usually wear them every year
matthewduncan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Lee R)
Oh, that's funny - I've been talking about a can of worms in another thread...
what do you mean?
Black Cat
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
If not say why
I don't see the point.
Balloon Baboon
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
35 Minutes it took.
username927016
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't really see the need of wearing them every year, millions of people die it's part of life, I'm not exactly a huge supporter of wars either.
-Rainbow Drops-
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nope

Posted from TSR Mobile
radicalboujie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If not say why
Is there a memorial for the 600,000 afghans killed by British and American troops or american drones killing yemenis? Or across the sea in somalia drones killing again 1,000s of somalis? Nope. Yep thought so. I don't see why we remember the death of soldiers that died so and so years ago when worse and still atrocities are happening in the world. I'm sorry ill wear a poppy when a british or an American wears one for my country.thats it

Posted from TSR Mobile
donutaud15
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm wearing a poppy bracelet this year. I've always worn them since I moved here

Posted from TSR Mobile
shazy2014
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think not wearing a poppy means that you do not care.
Everyday people are murdered, so why not wear a poppy for those as well or is it just in certain situations?
Balloon Baboon
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wear one every year and always will.
-Rainbow Drops-
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The vast majority of war victims have been civilians any way. Yet no one commemorates them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
vortex_199
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why I won't wear a red poppy on Remembrance Day
VannR
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would if I ever went anywhere besides the local high street!

But on a serious note, I would wear one to acknowledge the price of war and remind myself of the value of human life, and how we should strive to never become involved in as heedless and pointless a conflict as WWI, ever again.
عادل
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If not say why
No.

Millions die each year, I don't wear a poppy for them, why should I for soldiers? They aren't anymore special.
Balloon Baboon
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by -Rainbow Drops-)
The vast majority of war victims have been civilians any way. Yet no one commemorates them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Remembrance Day is a memorial day to celebrate and remember those that gave there life to defend the country which you live in today, the way we live and the freedom that we live it in. If it wasn't for those brave men and woman, we and our loved ones would be living a very, very different life.
The_Internet
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Id DEFINITELY wear a poppy if it only supported the soldiers who fought in WW1/WW2 (I see those as justified. WW1 not si much, but WW2)

I dont like the fact that the money directly goes to the army (Quite anti war) Yeah, our taxes go too, but Id see it as me directly donating money to continue war, and that doesnt sit well with me

OR the soldiers who fought in the Falklands/Bosnia. I see those as justified as well. Id like to be proven wrong tbh. Otherwse, I "remember" about war, without having to wear a poppy

Remembrance day for me is to "remember" not to continue wars by financing them. That seems like an oxymoron, to me.Id love to be proven wrong tbh.

(BTW, Im also against war that other nations have started as well,including Pakistan, so it's not an "I hate the UK" thing)
radicalboujie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by shazy2014)
I don't think not wearing a poppy means that you do not care.
Everyday people are murdered, so why not wear a poppy for those as well or is it just in certain situations?
You don't understand my point. There's this underlying unconscious mindset of British/american lives meaning more than the lives that they kill and more in the name of "combating terrorism" what do they call those victims again yh "collateral damage" that's all that a brown face or black face means.

Posted from TSR Mobile
DorianGrayism
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wouldn't it have been easier to have said non white?

Anyway, maybe. Depends on if I see a seller and have money.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (291)
65.54%
No (153)
34.46%

Watched Threads