What can student do if their A level is not 'unto the mark' for medical universities? Watch

KL-RC
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Oops I think I messed up my title lol :P

I mean to say

"What can a student do if their A level is not 'up to the mark' for medical universities?"

I'm just saying, if for instance the student did not get the required grades to get into a medical school in UK (I'm not talking about top universities like Cambridge or Manchester) but even the average once and now you have run out the two years deadline for finishing the A level does that mean your life is literally doomed?? is there nothing that I can do to get in ANY universities in the UK?
spsacs
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How far are your grades below what's needed? Honestly, if they're nowhere near what unis need, the only option you have - if you really really want to do medicine - is to do a life science undergrad degree of some sort (biological sciences, biomed, pharmacology etc) and then apply for medicine at graduate level
izpenguin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you've not got AAA at A level and you have no extenuating circumstances, your only choice is probably to apply for graduate entry medicine, which is mega competitive. I don't think many -if any- medical schools will accept you resitting outside of the 2 years.
KL-RC
Rep:
?
(Original post by izpenguin)
If you've not got AAA at A level and you have no extenuating circumstances, your only choice is probably to apply for graduate entry medicine, which is mega competitive. I don't think many -if any- medical schools will accept you resitting outside of the 2 years.
Yea i know. Guess i have to try my best
KL-RC
Rep:
?
(Original post by spsacs)
How far are your grades below what's needed? Honestly, if they're nowhere near what unis need, the only option you have - if you really really want to do medicine - is to do a life science undergrad degree of some sort (biological sciences, biomed, pharmacology etc) and then apply for medicine at graduate level
Maybe like a BCC or something?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.86%
No - but I will (88)
7.52%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise