AS AQA Sociology Essay Help Watch

gsonro
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, well i literally just made an account on here to ask for some help with sociology essays.
My teacher is so focused on filling us with information that we never actually go over how to properly answer 24 mark questions. Also, AQA mark schemes are very brief. I do politics and history as well but I find the essays so much easier.

I'm wondering if anyone could tell me how I would approach the 24 mark questions , for example:
Examine the ways in which feminism has contributed to our understanding of families.
Examine the changes in the rate of divorce since 1969

What would be my main points? Would I argue my points? Do I need a conclusion? How much detail do I need to go into? If I had 24 minutes in the exam what would be the best way to approach this question?

Thanks so much in advance!
TSR Learn Together
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
patrycjam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have the same problem and im also doing As sociology :argh:
All I can say is you need to use around 6 theorists in the essay - this can also include statistics
in the introduction write all the definitions from the question eg what is divorce rate etc. and also in introduction try to show the structure of the essay that you will follow like the main points.
than start to write the points in each paragraph and attach some statistics and theorist and remember most of the theorist face criticism that you can also include
Also what will put you in the top marks is the use modern examples and up to date statistics
ok and lastly in your conclusion link back to the questions and just in like 2-3 sentences write what you were talking about in the essay .
and one last thing dont use 'I' in your answer because is not about your opinion is about knowledge and application of the knowledge into your essay
hope that helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (469)
38.13%
No - but I will (95)
7.72%
No - I don't want to (87)
7.07%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (579)
47.07%

Watched Threads