Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watching this? Ronnie O'Sullivan is a legend!

ReputationRep:
    And Dott is soooo cute lol, did u hear the accent?
    xox

ReputationRep:
    last year's was better both in terms of quality and entertainment, ronnie to win for sure now

ReputationRep:
    My school's doing The Crucible as its play next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Omg, Arther Miller is so depressing!
    xox

ReputationRep:
    Yeah his voice is so high!

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was a great play....the movie version with Winona Ryder wasn't all that bad either...it actually followed the play for once!

ReputationRep:
    ..and Ronny is an Essex lad!! Good on him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahwhatevver)
    I thought it was a great play....the movie version with Winona Ryder wasn't all that bad either...it actually followed the play for once!
    Whats it actually about? I'm auditioning for apart, might be nice to know what I'm letting myself in for .

ReputationRep:
    Whats it actually about? I'm auditioning for apart, might be nice to know what I'm letting myself in for .
    My dad took me to see it when they had it on in London, I was the only 'kid' in the audience everyone else was 50/60... It's about family and stuff (can't really remember...) there's a man and his wife and they're selling some old flat that's full of memories and then the man's long lost brother comes into it or something... hmmmmm I can't really remember the play apart from this old man eating a hard boiled egg...

ReputationRep:
    Ronnie is the best player snooker has ever seen, his only problem is his temprament. He will wipe the floor with Dott.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    his only problem is his temprament.
    whats wrong with it?

ReputationRep:
    I walked past it last night, the number of BBC vans is hilarious. They have this massive satellite parked in the middle of Sheffield. Surprised it hasn't been vandalised yet.

Adam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illuvatar)
    whats wrong with it?
    Dont get me wrong, he is the best player in my eyes however the reason he doesn't win 7 bazillion world championships so far is that he can be inconsistent when he has other things to think about.

ReputationRep:
    Go Dott!

ReputationRep:
    It would be fantastic if Dott wins, although terribly unlikely!

ReputationRep:
    It's about a hysterical bunch of girls living in a very repressive society (in Salem). They get caught dancing in a forest casting spells and stuff, and then they start accusing loads of other people of witchcraft and of being in league withthe devil, so that they don't get into trouble themselves. Abigail (very manipulative and calculating) somehow conducts all this hysteria. She has it in for Elizabeth Procter, who she wants dead, because she's after her husband John Procter, with whom she had an affair (she's 17 and he's 35 - bit pervy really). Anyway, John Procter is this tragic hero, with lots of honour and integrity etc, but also this one tragic flaw (ie. having cheated on his wife) and eventually he overcomes his pride and tells the court that he slept with Abby, to reveal that she isn't an innocent child being used as an instrument of God to root out all the witches, but really a malicious scheming harlot (the play is extremely sexist), thereby ruining his own name to save his wife....and somehow it all goes wrong anyway, and he gets hanged.
    Lots of mass hysteria, and people with ulterior motives and hidden agendas - and it's all supposed to reflect what was going on in Miller's own time (With Senator Joe McCarthy's hunt for Russian spies and communists and so on...blablabla)

By the way...how did I get on your "list of shame"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    It would be fantastic if Dott wins, although terribly unlikely!
    If dott wins i will eat my shoe.!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    It's about a hysterical bunch of girls living in a very repressive society (in Salem). They get caught dancing in a forest casting spells and stuff, and then they start accusing loads of other people of witchcraft and of being in league withthe devil, so that they don't get into trouble themselves. Abigail (very manipulative and calculating) somehow conducts all this hysteria. She has it in for Elizabeth Procter, who she wants dead, because she's after her husband John Procter, with whom she had an affair (she's 17 and he's 35 - bit pervy really). Anyway, John Procter is this tragic hero, with this one tragic flaw (ie. having cheated on his wife) and eventually he overcomes his pride and tells the court that he slept with Abby, to reveal that she isn't an innocent child being used as an instrument of God to root out all the witches, but really a malicious scheming harlot (the play is extremely sexist), thereby ruining his own name to save his wife....and somehow it all goes wrong anyway, and he gets hanged.
    Lots of mass hysteria, and people with ulterior motives and hidden agendas - and it's all supposed to reflect what was going on in Miller's own time (With Senator Joe McCarthy's hunt for Russian spies and communists and so on...blablabla)

Maybe it was another Arthur Miller play I saw then because that certainly wasn't the play I was watching!

EDIT: I think I saw The Price

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    You mean you don't know? Anyway, that sounds better than Pride and Prejudice .

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.