The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm doing my coursework now (the last group to start, despite being 2nd highest set :P) and it's completely pointless and dull. I really don't give two ticks about heights in SA and the UK. and my teacher told me it was impossible to get 8 8 8 (marks) and just to aim for 7 7 7 or 766! What's the point of having 888 if it's A-Level type work?
:ditto: Standard Deviation (not on AQA A syllabus) only got a weak 7, 7, 7. I couldn't be arsed going any further :redface:
Coursework is crap.

End of. :p:
:ditto: Truth.
Reply 44
splorgie
Coursework is crap.

End of. :p:

No truer words have ever been spoken :p:
Reply 45
coursework is crap, but its good to have marks going into the exam! although I would rather have modules than coursework!
Thank you...

Now, can I interpret that so that it looks like I always speak the truth...?

No? :p: Meh, worth a try I guess :p:
So Maths coursework should be given a non-fond farewell. There are reports in the newspapers that the whole gcse is piss easy.
Reply 48
lmao, youve got the wrong gcse! maths is hard!!
mikeski
lmao, youve got the wrong gcse! maths is hard!!

Lol exactly the eduction authorities are so dumb. Its the science coursework they needed to scrap.
Exactly, although Maths coursework is annoying and stupid and really hard/almost impossible to get full marks in.

Both Maths and Science courseworks should be scrapped... happy? :p: Oh and OT, heard that A level coursework content for Eng Lit is going to increase to 40% from 2008? Opposite from what they're doing to GCSEs... :rolleyes:
Reply 51
splorgie
Exactly, although Maths coursework is annoying and stupid and really hard/almost impossible to get full marks in.

Both Maths and Science courseworks should be scrapped... happy? :p: Oh and OT, heard that A level coursework content for Eng Lit is going to increase to 40% from 2008? Opposite from what they're doing to GCSEs... :rolleyes:

Aww.. :frown:

I wish it was from this year, would have made it much easier in the exams if I knew 40% was already under my belt. Well I guess 30% isn't so bad. :smile:
40% for A-level English lit coursework would have been great! I got AA in the coursework modules and ABBC in the exams, so if the coursework was worth more, I would have got an A instead of a B :frown: Oh well.
Maths coursework was a pointless affair, i got full marks for it in 06 so if u need some help just pm me.

however it does help to know u have somethign to fall back in if "da **** hits the fan" in the exam hall lol, so quel dommage, c'est la vie
kellywood_5
40% for A-level English lit coursework would have been great! I got AA in the coursework modules and ABBC in the exams, so if the coursework was worth more, I would have got an A instead of a B :frown: Oh well.

And then you would have been at Cams now innit:frown: ahh dat sucks, im so scared of something liek that happeneing to me.

neway hows Exeter????
desmondmac
And then you would have been at Cams now innit:frown: ahh dat sucks, im so scared of something liek that happeneing to me.

neway hows Exeter????

It's great thanks, I survived Freshers' Week and the first week of term :biggrin: My temporary accommodation is rather crap, but I've met loads of really friendly people, joined 5 societies and I love my course.
Oh that's good to hear Kelly :biggrin:
kellywood_5
It's great thanks, I survived Freshers' Week and the first week of term :biggrin: My temporary accommodation is rather crap, but I've met loads of really friendly people, joined 5 societies and I love my course.

Hope you love the rest of your course :biggrin: :hugs:
Thanks, splorgie and lil_groovy_dude :biggrin: :hugs:
Reply 59
xxaimeexx
If they get rid of maths coursework wont they have t o scrap all of them because you can cheat on all your coursework like science? I think 100% exam is ok for the ones who are really confident and are really really really intelligant ! If you have good grades from coursework and module exams then there is less pressure on you if you cant cope with the amount of stuff you need to learn.

No. It's a fact that more "assistance" (by which I mean copying) is given both with the maths "investigative" coursework and the "data analysis" coursework, than is given for many other subjects.

- It's easier to detect in English coursework when sentences look out of place and appear to span more than one style.

- It's easier to detect in Geography coursework where different groups take different approaches to data collection and collect different data.

- It's easier to detect in IT coursework where everybody does different projects.

But in the Maths coursework there is a very small amount of different approaches to the coursework (and this applies to both types). Everybody's T-number coursework ended up the same in my whole class, it's just that simple. I can only count two approaches to the hidden faces coursework, and one for the Emma's Dilemma (combinatorics) coursework.

Besides, each qualification is handled by a seperate group. So the decisions of the Maths GCSE group don't impact the science GCSE group.

Latest