What is a better career; web design or electrical engineering? Watch

NullDrone
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have the option to do both now, I have started learning website design and I only really lack the ability to write javascript and PHP, I probably need to learn other languages likes SQL in order to create databases but I'm slowly getting there because I'm learning at home. It's much better than going to university to learn it and many people have agreed going to university is a waste of time for web services.

I have also spent the last 4 years at college, 2 years training to be an electrician and then the other 2 years spent as an electrical engineer, it had wasted a little bit of time for me, if I knew exactly what aspect of electrical engineering I wanted to go in at first, I would of done that (electrical design engineering). I had trouble finding the job in it so I couldn't really be picky on what aspect of EE I wanted to do.

So I have the choice now between electrical design engineering or web design, I like both careers so I'm only really focused on the money, both are enjoyable but I would prefer the one that would eventually lead to more money, web design would probably be less pay at first but it gives you the chance to set up your own business easier compared to setting up a business in electrical design engineering which will probably never happen, engineering would be an expensive start up compared to website design.

Both are good careers but what do you think would be better financially?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.76%
No - but I will (104)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (647)
47.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise