The Student Room Group

AS English Lit Problems

Hi, I'm now a term into AS English Lit and we're studying Arcadia and The French Lieutenants' Woman. We were set to read both books over the holidays and unfortunately I was only able to just read Arcadia.

Currently I'm only 10 Chapters (out of the 61 chapters) into the book and I feel absolutely swamped and constantly feel behind everyone else - that's not even including additional books we have to read (Wider Reading).

Having very much enjoyed English at GCSE (getting an A, having done TKAM and LOTF), I wanted to do it at a higher level but am now considering dropping the subject as I find the texts we're studding mind numbingly boring.

Should I persevere with the course or just drop it.
Please help :frown:
Reply 1
Perserve, A levels are supposed to be hard, But if you perserve and give it all You can, I can assure you that you will get the grade you want.

By the way, if you think AS English Lit is hard wait till you get to A2. (1000000x hARDER)
lol, i dropped A2 English Lit because it was too much stress XD But taking AS was definitely worth it, and i dont regret taking it. Plus, you get to study your own books in preparation for the exam, so pick books that aren't mind numbingly boring! :wink:
our theme was the Victorian Era, and you would think its all Charles Dickens, but I never read one of his books for the entire year. Instead I read Oscar Wilde, Elizabeth Gaskell, William Thackeray... :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest