Quick GCSE physics question - Big Bang Watch

This discussion is closed.
dinkymints
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
2 mark question - How does the movement of galaxies support the Big Bang theory of the origin of the universe?

A nice succint answer would be great if anyone could help! Thanks in advance...
innitman_uk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
galaxies further away are moving faster away from us suggests that the galaxies were all together at some time in the past
dinkymints
Rep:
?
Sorry there are also a few pics above showing "the paths of some galaxies" which I don't really get... one is a spiral shape... so do they want something to do with rotation of the galaxies?
innitman_uk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dinkymints)
Sorry there are also a few pics above showing "the paths of some galaxies" which I don't really get... one is a spiral shape... so do they want something to do with rotation of the galaxies?
i dont know - this is a bit complex for gcse (:eek:)
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
2 marks:

Galaxies are moving apart, the ones further away are moving faster than ones closer implying they all started at the same point.
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dinkymints)
i think i've seen a question like this before, where they had 2 or 3 pictures, with lines coming out of the back of them.
if it's the same question, then you had to trace each of the lines back, and show that they all originated from one point.
sorry if your question is completely different, but when you said 'showing the paths of some galaxies,' that question came to mind
dinkymints
Rep:
?
(Original post by mockel)
i think i've seen a question like this before, where they had 2 or 3 pictures, with lines coming out of the back of them.
if it's the same question, then you had to trace each of the lines back, and show that they all originated from one point.
sorry if your question is completely different, but when you said 'showing the paths of some galaxies,' that question came to mind
That's the one!! I *completely* didn't get what it was getting at.... d'oh!! The arrows into the centre of each galaxy and the fact that they are different shapes completely confused me.... doh doh doh!! I will never cope with this in the exam!!

Thanks!!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18

If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

think I'm a brilliant applicant (534)
36.73%
are desperate for students (920)
63.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed