The Student Room Group

Marks and Spencer Graduate Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Lalala2015
That was my original deadline as well. Good luck with your interview!

Thanks let you know how it goes!
Reply 41
Right, so I've done the interview. It went okayish, though it was definitely obvious that I was nervous. I had a couple of pauses where I was formulating the next sentence in my head, as I didn't want to err and um.

There are ten questions, and you have 25 seconds after each question comes up to brainstorm, and then you have three minutes to answer it. You DO have a break after every question. Moreover, you can log out after you have completed a question and carry on from where you left off at a later date.

I'm not going to say what the questions are, but it's a mix of competency and ambitions.
Original post by Fatuitous
Right, so I've done the interview. It went okayish, though it was definitely obvious that I was nervous. I had a couple of pauses where I was formulating the next sentence in my head, as I didn't want to err and um.

There are ten questions, and you have 25 seconds after each question comes up to brainstorm, and then you have three minutes to answer it. You DO have a break after every question. Moreover, you can log out after you have completed a question and carry on from where you left off at a later date.

I'm not going to say what the questions are, but it's a mix of competency and ambitions.

Thanks for letting us know! Very good that we do get a break between questions! Did you do all in one sitting? Also, I understand that you don't want to share the questions since we might get the same ones and we would get an unfair advantage, but I'm just wondering if you think it's very different from what the phone interview seemed to be? Also, did you think questions were ambiguous? I'm a little worried about that since it's not like you can ask for clarification.
Hope it went okay and that you get to move on to an assessment centre!
Original post by Fatuitous

i pray i make it to this stage!!

well done you for doing it tho!! i hope you did good :biggrin:
Reply 44
Original post by Lalala2015
Thanks for letting us know! Very good that we do get a break between questions! Did you do all in one sitting? Also, I understand that you don't want to share the questions since we might get the same ones and we would get an unfair advantage, but I'm just wondering if you think it's very different from what the phone interview seemed to be? Also, did you think questions were ambiguous? I'm a little worried about that since it's not like you can ask for clarification.
Hope it went okay and that you get to move on to an assessment centre!

I'd say similar to what was on the telephone interview, but with more questions geared towards the status of the company and brand. They weren't too ambiguous and I did it in one sitting. When you start, you just want to complete it to get it other with.

Original post by luuucyx
i pray i make it to this stage!!

well done you for doing it tho!! i hope you did good :biggrin:

Thanks, best of luck to you too.
Reply 45
Hi all, I have applied to the Marketing graduate scheme. I have completed all the tests and my application is on hold whilst my results are considered. I wondered if anyone has been invited for a interview yet, as I'm aware that the assessment centre days are held in Jan - March? Thanks
So I did my video interview. It didn't go so well so I doubt I'll get further in the process. My mind just went blank when I was answering questions, and you know that's not gonna look good on a video! Totally sucks! Anyway, I almost got no competency-based questions, they were mostly about Marks and Spencer and their brand, and I found mine to be completely different from the phone interview questions others reported. I would think it will be different for different people though since I'm sure they have a database of questions they ask during video interviews. Also the questions I was given was definitely not what I would have expected and you can only really prepare if you are given them in advance. Thought it was quite odd considering the position and I would have thought they would pay a lot of attention to your skills.

Good luck to everyone and hope you make it further!!
I've applied for the Retail management scheme. It says my application is on hold pending the results of my tests. I'm presuming this is not a good thing seeing as a lot of people appear to have already had interviews?
I didn't apply until a week before the deadline though...
Reply 48
Original post by kirsty9312
I've applied for the Retail management scheme. It says my application is on hold pending the results of my tests. I'm presuming this is not a good thing seeing as a lot of people appear to have already had interviews?
I didn't apply until a week before the deadline though...

It will be because you applied a week before the deadline. Mine were on hold for nearly three months.
Reply 49
Hi guys,

Got an email from the company conducting the video interviews that I am invited... (applied for the merchandising role).
The email said that I had 7 days to complete it.

Then three hours later got another email...you need to complete it within 2 days O.o I was like....really? So I called to double check and they confirmed that!

I just can't believe that....
Reply 50
Hello everyone,

Has anyone on here applied for the Buying scheme? I applied in September and done all tests then and the last email I got was that my application is now on hold while they consider my results. I saw a lot of people had interviews already and its quite worrying as I heard nothing ( Stress mode on ) lol
I applied to the logistics scheme back in September, and after being told I had not passed, I got an email to say that was a mistake and it was going to be re-instated. I then had a phone interview towards the end of November, and have been invited to an assessment centre day next week.
Original post by torachan
Hi guys,

Got an email from the company conducting the video interviews that I am invited... (applied for the merchandising role).
The email said that I had 7 days to complete it.

Then three hours later got another email...you need to complete it within 2 days O.o I was like....really? So I called to double check and they confirmed that!

I just can't believe that....

It really seems like they have no control of what they are doing! Applications are on hold months on end, some get phone interviews, others get video interviews, some get told they haven't passed the tests only to find out they did after all. I'm really losing faith in this company due to all of this. If we have to deal with this crap now, what will it be like working for them? I don't even believe we are being evaluated in an equal and fair way either. It's quite obvious by the different interview methods they use. They should stick to one as that's the only way to evaluate candidates on equal terms.
Anyway, was it not possible to get a few days extra? I had to do my interview during Christmas. How fun getting that email on Christmas eve...yeah right! Anyway, got an extension until the 3rd of January because I was out travelling. The email I received said that that was the absolute latest deadline for the video interview because of the assessment centres are going to be in January. This is for retail though.

Hope your interview goes well!
Reply 53
Hi everybody,
Has anyone else completed a phone interview for the retail management scheme and not heard back yet? Had my phone interview on 23.12.14 and had nothing at all since.
Original post by TSN
Hello everyone,

Has anyone on here applied for the Buying scheme? I applied in September and done all tests then and the last email I got was that my application is now on hold while they consider my results. I saw a lot of people had interviews already and its quite worrying as I heard nothing ( Stress mode on ) lol

same and same, pooping myself!! my housemate made a passing comment that her friend knows someone that got it (but she also said she wasnt sure if she was totally right) so i was like oh god they dont want me and they just havent rejected me yet

waaahhh suspense is KILLING me :frown::frown:
Reply 55
Original post by luuucyx
same and same, pooping myself!! my housemate made a passing comment that her friend knows someone that got it (but she also said she wasnt sure if she was totally right) so i was like oh god they dont want me and they just havent rejected me yet

waaahhh suspense is KILLING me :frown::frown:

Omg thank god I'm not the only one that means there is still hope lol I'm just hoping they still didn't reach the buying applicants as they might be doing each scheme at a time. I might be wrong but fingers crossed :smile: Did you apply early in September aswell?
Has anyone who applied to any of the industrial placement schemes heard anything? I applied back in Oct and it just says my application is on hold!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TSN
Omg thank god I'm not the only one that means there is still hope lol I'm just hoping they still didn't reach the buying applicants as they might be doing each scheme at a time. I might be wrong but fingers crossed :smile: Did you apply early in September aswell?

thats exactly what im hoping hahaha, i applied like early november! wasnt sure whether i would stand a chance so um-ed and ah-ed for ages before finally doing it.
Hello,

I've heard today by email that I have been invited to assessment centre in Altrincham which is very soon!

If it helps I put July as my preferred start date and had a telephone interview before christmas.

Anyone else heard? The email says there is a preparation document attached, but they haven't sent this.. :-(
Reply 59
Original post by luuucyx
thats exactly what im hoping hahaha, i applied like early november! wasnt sure whether i would stand a chance so um-ed and ah-ed for ages before finally doing it.

Lol tell me about it. Well hopefully we will hear soon even if it is a rejection because waiting for this long is just too stressful haha

Quick Reply

Latest