The Student Room Group

Marks and Spencer Graduate Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
I was offered a place on the placement scheme this morning. Also didn't catch when we were meant to get the relocation package. Has anyone on the graduate schemes who were offered places last week recieved any more information yet?
Reply 141
Original post by DanL94
I was offered a place on the placement scheme this morning. Also didn't catch when we were meant to get the relocation package. Has anyone on the graduate schemes who were offered places last week recieved any more information yet?

Congrats! Where and what starting date? Haven't received anything as of yet, I can't remember if they said a time either!
Reply 142
Cardiff, culverhouse cross and starting in September. What about you? Also have you received a conformation email?
I had my assessment in Worcester on 3rd February and I applied based in the Midlands. Just wondered if anyone else around Birmingham has heard back yet???
Original post by benidek
I had my assessment in Worcester on 3rd February and I applied based in the Midlands. Just wondered if anyone else around Birmingham has heard back yet???

I had mine in Worcester and I've heard nothing!
What regions did you apply to??
Original post by benidek
What regions did you apply to??

Midlands and east Midlands

1st choice was Birmingham
Anyone gotten rejections yet? I've heard nothing either, was on one of the last assessment centres. Do you guys think they'll tell me if I got rejected over the phone? I really need to know now because I've got another job offer for a temporary position and they need an answer quick.

Congratulations to those of you who already got accepted :smile:
Yeah same as me! Well I'll let you know if I hear anything, best of luck!

They'll let you know either way, I was told it'll be by the end of this week but who knows. Where is your other other, is it for retail management as well?
Original post by benidek
Yeah same as me! Well I'll let you know if I hear anything, best of luck!

They'll let you know either way, I was told it'll be by the end of this week but who knows. Where is your other other, is it for retail management as well?

I'll need to call them then tomorrow and hope they can tell me. No, the other offer is for recruitment and Hr within the health sector but it's only a temporary position. However, I can't afford to say no to any jobs at this point, so really need to know whether or not I'm accepted into M&S grad scheme. Hoping for the best though, would much rather have a job with M&S fulltime!
Yeah thats completely different! I applied for engineering at Jaguar/Land Rover too but they haven't got back either. Would much rather work for M&S as you said! I'm already a customer assistant with them and it's a great company!
I'll probably end up phoning them too if they don't get back to me soon, let me know how it goes!
How did they let you guys know ? Did they email or call ?

Thanks guys
They called me
Original post by benidek
Yeah thats completely different! I applied for engineering at Jaguar/Land Rover too but they haven't got back either. Would much rather work for M&S as you said! I'm already a customer assistant with them and it's a great company!
I'll probably end up phoning them too if they don't get back to me soon, let me know how it goes!

So I called them today and they haven't actually managed to get through all the applicants yet, he said something about assessment centres so maybe they are still holding them for other schemes? Anyway, I was told they will review my scores and get back to me at the end of the day. Hopefully with good news! But if it isn't, at least I know I have a job to go to on Monday :smile:
Original post by Mohammed107
How did they let you guys know ? Did they email or call ?

Thanks guys

From what I understood they will call if you are successful but if you're rejected they'll send it in the post...not email..? Can that be right?
On my assessment day, I was told I'll be given a phone call mid to the end Feb so I guess its still not too late. Oh well done so you've pushed your application to the top of the list then, fingers crossed!

I thought you get a phone call anyway but if they are busy with lots to go through then I guess it would makes sense...
Reply 156
I'm still waiting to hear back, looking less and less likely...
But to the people who have heard back and it was a yes, if you log into the M&S graduate page, on your application, what is the status? Mine still says that it is on hold and waiting to be assessed!
Original post by AlexGLD
But to the people who have heard back and it was a yes, if you log into the M&S graduate page, on your application, what is the status? Mine still says that it is on hold and waiting to be assessed!

I haven't heard back but my says on hold, and I will be contacted shortly to be told the next stage of the process

Same as yours or not?
Original post by AlexGLD

Where did you have your assessment centre?
Did mine at altringham. Still heard nothing

Quick Reply

Latest