Struggling with Sixth Form Personal Statement (CSFG) Watch

SpeedyGonzalez
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi there,
Subjects I would like to study are Maths, Economics, Politics and Spanish at Camden School for Girls. Please someone give me some inspiration or ideas to include!
yasi98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
  • Talk about academic achievements in those subjects if possible (e.g. what kind of grades do you have, are you gifted and talented, did you win an award).
  • For subjects that you may have not studied talk about why you want to do it (interest in current affairs for economics etc.)
  • Then go on to talk about your commitments in school (school council/form captain/games captain/any lunch time clubs/debating)
  • Go on to talk about commitments/achievements outside of school (music/sport/DofE/volunteering/any other courses like First Aid)
  • TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU LEARNT FROM EACH OF THEM AND HOW YOU CAN BENEFIT THE SIXTH FORM i.e. teamwork in DofE, being an awakened individual in debating, any changes you made to the school by being form captain/school council
  • Finally conclude with why you want to go the school (any facilities, good teachers, academically stimulating environment, enrichment activities, emphasis on helping the community etc. mention their exam results but don't make it the sole focus i.e. Aside from the schools outstanding results, what particularly stood out to me was...)
  • Talk a bit about future careers and how the school would aid you in achieving those goals.
SpeedyGonzalez
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Legend!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.93%
No - but I will (98)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (601)
47.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise