Unusual situation, reapplying post illness to the same course Watch

FelineCostumier
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I started a degree twice but due to illness had to drop out on the second go. I have since had lots of treatment, diagnoses and treatment and am doing so much better I think I am in a position to try again, again.

I have emailed the course leader to ask if it would be possible and she replied saying it was absolutely not a problem due to the circumstances but I'd have to go through UCAS again, once done she'll see me at interview.

This was a few weeks and I've done everything on UCAS but the personal statement. Writing usually comes very easily to me but I am stumped with how to approach this as I have a guaranteed interview and we are all aware of the situation and also my capabilities and talents. It may also be worth noting I'm a mature student (32).

Any tips please?
Interrobang
  • Volunteer Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would just treat it like a normal PS. Talk about why you are interested in the course. You could include what you liked studying the first time round
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (499)
37.83%
No - but I will (101)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (90)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (629)
47.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed