3.16%
Islamic (18)
18.95%
KingBradly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I know "Islamic culture" is a broad term, but I don't think that really matters in this context.
indigobluesss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Even as a Muslim I would say Western culture 100%

At least that way they'd have a choice of what to do, whether they'd want to pursue their religion or live freely or fly bacon
Everglow
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Western culture of course. Women actually have autonomy in the West, whereas they're in complete subjugation to men in countries like Saudi Arabia and Sudan.
ZaynahM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
'Islamic culture' isn't a thing really. Culture =/= religion, it's like saying 'Christian culture' or 'Jewish culture', countries, policies, and restrictions in cultures are oppressive, much of the time with religion taken out of context, so I find this question to be an extreme over simplification.
KingBradly
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZaynahM)
'Islamic culture' isn't a thing really. Culture =/= religion, it's like saying 'Christian culture' or 'Jewish culture', countries, policies, and restrictions in cultures are oppressive, much of the time with religion taken out of context, so I find this question to be an extreme over simplification.
Religion and culture are inseparable. Culture isn't a thing, its a whole spectrum of different things, of which religion is one of them. And in Islamic countries, Islam is a very big part of the culture, and even if it is in varying forms, it's values are very similar.
ilem
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Western of course. How is this even a question?
KingBradly
Rep:
?
(Original post by ilem)
Western of course. How is this even a question?
It shouldn't be, but the votes which disagree tells you that apparently, to some people, it is.
President Putin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Islamic culture is, of course, much better for women.
Eva.Gregoria
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dunax)
This is dumb and doesn't really mean ****. Those Muslims are coming here for the most part because of the economic benefits same reason why anyone comes. I always lol how some Brits deluded themselves into thinking anyone is come here because of cultural reasons, for the most part this is bull****.
Calm down, get rid of the swear words and try and make a coherent response next time.
Eva.Gregoria
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dunax)
How old are you? Or are just a puritan? Swearing shouldn't distract from the main point of my post.

(irrelevant video)
I love swearing but there's a context for everything. It's too late to go into another islamic debate right now anyway.
al_94
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Whichever one they choose to follow
thunder_chunky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Islamic culture better for women? What drugs are you on?
iammeyouareyou
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wherever the patriarchy is easier to smash...
IdeasForLife
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Eva.Gregoria)
The amount of muslims desperately trying to get into this country should tell you the answer.
Coming for economic benefit =/= agreeing their culture is better. I wonder why loads of westerners go to rich Arab countries. Is it for the culture?
KingBradly
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dunax)
This is dumb and doesn't really mean ****. Those Muslims are coming here for the most part because of the economic benefits same reason why anyone comes. I always lol how some Brits deluded themselves into thinking anyone is come here because of cultural reasons, for the most part this is bull****.
I don't hear many people who think Muslims come to this country for the culture. If they did then they wouldn't be such a problematic demographic.
JamesManc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I say as a strong independent woman Western culture!
sarsoora
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Eva.Gregoria)
The amount of muslims desperately trying to get into this country should tell you the answer.
They're 'desperately' wanting to come here for economic opportunities.
sarsoora
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Reluire)
Western culture of course. Women actually have autonomy in the West, whereas they're in complete subjugation to men in countries like Saudi Arabia and Sudan.
Because Saudi Arabia really is an accurate representation of what Islam means for women.

:facepalm:
Everglow
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sarsoora)
Because Saudi Arabia really is an accurate representation of what Islam means for women.

:facepalm:
Well actually, yes. In the Middle East, women are treated very similarly to how they are in Saudi Arabia.

Western Islam is another matter, but even then, generalised Western culture is more beneficial to women than Islam is, generally speaking.
yo radical one
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Western culture, not because Islam is evil, but because Western culture is inclusive and can fully encompass Islamic culture. A woman can come to the West, be a Muslim and fully live in accordance with Islamic law, however a woman can't live the Western lifestyle within an Islamic society. In the West you can choose.

(Original post by R Dragon)
Even as a Muslim I would say Western culture 100%

At least that way they'd have a choice of what to do, whether they'd want to pursue their religion or live freely or fly bacon
Exactly, in the West if she wants to get drunk, have sex and take drugs, she can, but she doesn't have to if she doesn't want to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (490)
37.69%
No - but I will (100)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.77%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (622)
47.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise