RAF PRTC DATES - 16th december 2014 Watch

Caino96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thought i'd post this on here to see if anyone else has the same dates on here as me also any advice on how to go about preparing for the 3 days will be welcome i feel pysically prepared for the fitness but i dont really know what to expect from the bleep test as i havent done one for a good 5 years! Also i dont know whether the math and english tests are basicallt just the ast again or whether the skill level is different! If all goes well my intake date will be march 2015! really really hope i get in now especially after making it so far
cheers
AlphaTango
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Caino96)
Thought i'd post this on here to see if anyone else has the same dates on here as me also any advice on how to go about preparing for the 3 days will be welcome i feel pysically prepared for the fitness but i dont really know what to expect from the bleep test as i havent done one for a good 5 years! Also i dont know whether the math and english tests are basicallt just the ast again or whether the skill level is different! If all goes well my intake date will be march 2015! really really hope i get in now especially after making it so far
cheers
You can download the bleep test online, stick it on your ipod, measure out 20m (try car parks sometimes the spaces are 2m's wide) run it a few times before you do it.

The maths and english are GCSE standard. Not like the AST more school less test/quiz.
Farox
Report 4 years ago
Hey, I've been given those dates too. Got them around May time so been waiting for ages! I've also not done bleep test yet but I plan to get some practice in sometime soon - currently just been doing 'simulated' bleep tests on treadmill at the gym so you start off at 8kmh and put it up by 0.5kmh each minute - each minute that goes by is a level. It doesn't give you much practice for turning though so will most probably want to try practicing some proper ones.

Think I'll definitely have to brush up on my maths, there's loads of free maths GCSE resources online though so I'm not too worried. What role have you gone for?
Caino96
Rep:
?
(Original post by AlphaTango)
You can download the bleep test online, stick it on your ipod, measure out 20m (try car parks sometimes the spaces are 2m's wide) run it a few times before you do it.

The maths and english are GCSE standard. Not like the AST more school less test/quiz.
Thanks! Think i will try the bleep test down the park in the week if he weather isnt to bad! So is the text more working out than just multiple choice?
Caino96
Rep:
?
(Original post by Farox)
Hey, I've been given those dates too. Got them around May time so been waiting for ages! I've also not done bleep test yet but I plan to get some practice in sometime soon - currently just been doing 'simulated' bleep tests on treadmill at the gym so you start off at 8kmh and put it up by 0.5kmh each minute - each minute that goes by is a level. It doesn't give you much practice for turning though so will most probably want to try practicing some proper ones.

Think I'll definitely have to brush up on my maths, there's loads of free maths GCSE resources online though so I'm not too worried. What role have you gone for?
Ahh cool! Good to hear someones actually on my dates i felt like a loner haha yeah think i may try that on the treadmill as the weather is craps so will be easier for now. Yeah I'm just gunna revise like i did for the ast, going to try bitesize and the raf example questions this time though. Are you up on your current affairs aswell? Im hopeless with it so gunna have to have a look at whats going on in the world of the raf soon haha
AlphaTango
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks! Think i will try the bleep test down the park in the week if he weather isnt to bad! So is the text more working out than just multiple choice?

Ahh cool! Good to hear someones actually on my dates i felt like a loner haha yeah think i may try that on the treadmill as the weather is craps so will be easier for now. Yeah I'm just gunna revise like i did for the ast, going to try bitesize and the raf example questions this time though. Are you up on your current affairs aswell? Im hopeless with it so gunna have to have a look at whats going on in the world of the raf soon haha
The maths is a little more working out, and the english you have to write an email saying you want to do a charity event or write a letter asking about selling cupcakes or god knows what crazy creation the education flight at Halton fancy you writing about. None of it is difficult but practice GCSE maths/english and you'll be fine. It's the fitness test thats more important as you can do your key skills again at the beginning of Halton if you do end up failing it. Whereas fitness they may cancel your application depending on manning/scores etc!

You arent' tested on your current affairs though its good to know them in general.
hammer10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am also waiting to go down to prtc on 16-12-14... Feels like I have been waiting ages and I'm really looking forward to it!

Any major tips or advice from anyone who has been down recently or is in the know would be much appreciated!

Cheers
AlphaTango
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hammer10)
I am also waiting to go down to prtc on 16-12-14... Feels like I have been waiting ages and I'm really looking forward to it!

Any major tips or advice from anyone who has been down recently or is in the know would be much appreciated!

Cheers
Just practice your bleep test before you go. Do as you are told and jump through the hoops, Day 1 at Halton will be sooner than you know.
ryan9900
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hammer10)

Cheers
Don't put any info online about times/locations regarding your journey to/from prtc, but most of all just enjoy it. It can be daunting but it's not difficult and if you've got the motivation and determination, you'll easily get through it. Time will fly between prtc and brtc!
Cupcakem0nst3r
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm getting ready for going down to the PRTC too! See you all there ^_^
Caino96
Rep:
?
Anyone know what the kit list is for the prtc? Im moving house and I've packed my kit list up 😔 also is there anyone also going for there 3 days on the 13th of january? Its all becoming real now and i cant tell whether im excited or nervous haha!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (503)
37.65%
No - but I will (103)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (638)
47.75%

Watched Threads