The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Special visits can happen at anytime during the year as far as I am aware.
Yes. Violin. Oh god almighty. Its atrocious. I'm dreading this totally, I am underprepared.
Reply 62
Lauraaaaa
Yes. Violin. Oh god almighty. Its atrocious. I'm dreading this totally, I am underprepared.

I know the feeling, just go in and treat it as a laugh, I am ! :rolleyes:
They are also too expensive. stupid abrsm. thank god for UCAS points though.
Reply 64
They are expensive yeah, I dread to think what the diploma prices will be in a few years. Up the darn roof.
Hi! Has anyone done any exams yet? I've just had the said Grade 7 exam today, a few hours ago. As with anything, it wasn't as good as it could have been, but it certainly wasn't as bad as I had feared! And the sight reading/aurals were definitely miles easier than the ones in the book (though I mucked a few aural tests up..)
Reply 66
Got my Grade 1 jazz piano exam tomorrow...
Reply 67
Excalibur - Not yet no, hope you get the result you want :smile:.

Good luck CE.
Reply 68
Thanks!

Just 6 hours to go now...
I am taking my grade 3 sax :smile:
I am not quite ready yet but I have 3 more weeks until that becomes a problem :rolleyes:
Reply 70
Sounds familiar Amy :p:.
sexysax
Sounds familiar Amy :p:.

I know :P
Well technically I am taking my grade two which I am less prepared for than the last time I took it as I haven't been able to bring myself to look at those pieces since the trauma of the last exam in june :rolleyes:
Reply 72
Hehe, what a sight we'll be :p:.
Reply 73
Back from exam.

Examiner (male) was nice - he said to me that he had a cold, so he tried to keep sniffing to a minimum :laugh:

The piano was a grand piano in a very large living room!

Scales went OK, although I played Mixolydian on G instead of the b3 pentatonic scale on G, although he did ask me to try again.
Pieces went well... as usual, not too positive about the tempo of Jean Pierre and Blue Autumn, but I felt Bedford Square Blues went very well!
Quick study was good.
Aural was OK.... again singing was not my strong point, but apart from that, it went OK.

Now the 2 week wait for the results...
Reply 74
Goodo, hope you get the result you want.
Reply 75
2 weeks to the day Amy :p:.
sexysax
2 weeks to the day Amy :p:.

#zomg# ;no;
Don't remind me I still have so much to do, I had my first really go at playing with the piano last night :s-smilie:
Reply 77
I'm not sure I want to remind you either, it will make me think of something :p:.

How did it go? Ok with Tango ?
I know :p:

Erm it was a bit odd, the piano through me slightly but it went ok-ish...Tango is still messed up I could not play it all the way through with the piano he kept stopping and asking me to start it again :s-smilie: .
Oh well lets call it 'work in progress' :rolleyes:
Reply 79
I'm sure it will be ok, the accompanist needs to follow you anyway, so just make sure you count and you play the correct rhythm, and let the accompanist do all the jumping around :biggrin:.

Latest