Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    i like the girls names emma/emily and kate/katie. I'd call my kid either of those but it seems like everyone is already called emma or kate (maybe thats because they are the nicest names)
    i'm the only kate/katie in my sixth form, but there are 5 emmas!
    what is your name?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    what's your name hunni?
    Mark William Livsey, which i'm not complaining about. But people who get names like nathan definitely have been screwed over.

My parents went overboard with my little brother and decided to give him family names for his middle names seeing as me and my sister got standard ones. David Meek Charlesworth Livsey is his name.

ReputationRep:
    well i'm glad to know you love me so much you get excited when i say i like your name
    oh tinykates!!!! my little aurora, i am just an excitable boy!

ReputationRep:
    Mark William Livsey, which i'm not complaining about. But people who get names like nathan definitely have been screwed over.

My parents went overboard with my little brother and decided to give him family names for his middle names seeing as me and my sister got standard ones. David Meek Charlesworth Livsey is his name.
    aww. i like the name mark too what's wrong with nathan?

ReputationRep:
    ok for some reason all the guys so far seem to agree that emma and katie are the best names for girls. What is the psycological reason for this?? I think its because they kind of sound cute and girly (not a very deep explanation)

ReputationRep:
    aww. i like the name mark too what's wrong with nathan?
    em it sounds all poncy and is short for nathanial (also sounds like a dogs name).

Maybe there's nothing wrong with it and its just me: i used to know a guy called nathan who was a complete arse and his mum was really annoying and used to treat him like he was still her 4 year old precious little darling.

ReputationRep:
    ok for some reason all the guys so far seem to agree that emma and katie are the best names for girls. What is the psycological reason for this?? I think its because they kind of sound cute and girly (not a very deep explanation)
    very girly names indeed i prefer less girly names such as david

ReputationRep:
    yay. i'm lucky then - i'm cute! hehe. i'd rather be called katie than emma though :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    very girly names indeed i prefer less girly names such as david
    LMFAO!

ReputationRep:
    yay. i'm lucky then - i'm cute! hehe. i'd rather be called katie than emma though :eek:
    I'd rather you were called Emma

ReputationRep:
    yeah it would suck having a common name. Mark isn't too bad, there's only one other guy called that in my year.

Howcome no one gets called Micheal anymore? i think thats a cool guys name and if i have a boy when im older i might call him that. That name used to be just as common as, say David.

ReputationRep:
    Abbie/Amanda/Laura

ReputationRep:
    Well, to answer my own question, I would be Sasuke Kakashi Mersh.

ReputationRep:
    yeah it would suck having a common name. Mark isn't too bad, there's only one other guy called that in my year.

Howcome no one gets called Micheal anymore? i think thats a cool guys name and if i have a boy when im older i might call him that. That name used to be just as common as, say David.
    I'm calling my son Zapsta, so he can continue the legacy. That's assuming it's okay with my wife of course (it will be).

ReputationRep:
    I would like to just say that the three best girls names, in my opinion, are hinata, sakura and ino.

ReputationRep:

my daddy is called mike. i think james is really common at the moment too

ReputationRep:
    James/David/Peter are gay names

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    I'm calling my son Zapsta, so he can continue the legacy. That's assuming it's okay with my wife of course (it will be).
    i wouldn't call my son iiikewldude cos its a stupid name i came up with on the spot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYa6)
    James/David/Peter are gay names
    James and David are quite cool names. Maybe James is a bit common sounding though. Peter is a crap name, it makes me think of Peter the plumber.

My friend called Peter claims it's a better name than Mark but he's talking crap.

ReputationRep:
    chloe....its the most gorgeous name on the plannet and sounds so romantic

love Katy ***

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.