I want to be perfect Watch

DLau88
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
How can i be perfect? It is really annoying me.
JamieMT92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not physically possible. There will always be someone more attractive/more intelligent/stronger etc... What is achievable however is being the best that you can be, as cliched as that is! haha
Xenorebrem
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JamieMT92)
Not physically possible. There will always be someone more attractive/more intelligent/stronger etc... What is achievable however is being the best that you can be, as cliched as that is! haha
I don't understand why people say this. It is entirely possible. It is just unlikely to be perfect in the eyes of society.
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
I don't want to be perfect, I just want to be pretty.
Mr...
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Good luck with life
AzY-
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
well to become perfect is not cheap, you specifically need £102.60 for deed poll to become "perfect"
DLau88
Rep:
?
(Original post by JamieMT92)
But how? Surely there is someone that is just perfect.
Kaiju
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
perfect is boring, pls don't
DLau88
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kaiju)
perfect is boring, pls don't
No perfect is perfect.
Fatimah21
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just be yourself (cheesy but true)
Kaiju
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DLau88)
No perfect is perfect.
"Perfect" is subjective.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Perfect is based on perspective. You can't be perfect in everyone's eyes
inachigeek21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Guess what OP?
Perfection cannot be obtained, NEVER.
It is a illusion.
We all have things which we desire but never achieve it or acquire.
That's the fundamental role of life.
JamieMT92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To quote good will hunting:

"but, those are the things I miss the most. The little idiosyncrasies that only I knew about. That's what made her my wife. Oh, and she had the goods on me, too; she knew all my little peccadillos. People call these things imperfections, but they're not — aw that's the good stuff. And then we get to choose who we let into our weird little worlds."
sliceofcake
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No one can specify how you can be perfect if you don't say how you're imperfect.
To contradict what I just said: how to get perfect? improve
Thinking_Aloud
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DLau88)
No perfect is perfect.
Perfect is lifeless. It is an ideal dependent upon each individual. You can't be perfect because everyone has a different idea of what constitutes perfection. Your perspective of perfection is unachievable because human nature dictates that we will always long to be the impossible.
I think it's true to say that perfect has no soul. Forced perfection will only ever be skin deep and if anyone ever achieves that, they will put all their time and effort in remaining so.
Don't aim for perfection. There is so much more to life.
Xenorebrem
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Thinking_Aloud)
Perfect is lifeless. It is an ideal dependent upon each individual. You can't be perfect because everyone has a different idea of what constitutes perfection. Your perspective of perfection is unachievable because human nature dictates that we will always long to be the impossible.
I think it's true to say that perfect has no soul. Forced perfection will only ever be skin deep and if anyone ever achieves that, they will put all their time and effort in remaining so.
Don't aim for perfection. There is so much more to life.
How is the statement "human nature dictates that we will always long to be the impossible" true ?

I mean are u speaking scientifically or is this just one if those things that people say ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thinking_Aloud
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Xenorebrem)
How is the statement "human nature dictates that we will always long to be the impossible" true ?

I mean are u speaking scientifically or is this just one if those things that people say ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
A bit of both. Science can't explain how we think as that depends on a huge variety of factors- it's the nature versus nurture debate. However psychologically speaking we will always long for power to varying degrees, this is seen in the animal kingdom all the time with the constant competition. The need for perfection can be seen as an offshoot of this.
We long for things that don't exist as this allows us to develop and evolve. For example at one point in time fire didn't exist, but people would have still longed for a way to create warmth. Logically speaking, things that are completely impossible will also be included in that category of things that do not exist so we will long for them as well.
It is definitely something people say; but that doesn't mean it isn't true.
It's up to you.
Asexual Demigod
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Perfection doesn't exist in reality unfortunately no matter how hard us perfectionists strive for it.
Uw0tm8_
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
you are someone's definition of perfect
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (371)
37.29%
No - but I will (75)
7.54%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.04%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (479)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed