Imperial students must be loaded. Watch

hajs
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
If the imperial bursary (if applicable) =£6000 then you get maintenance grant (if applicable) =£3000
that is total of £9000? So i'm guessing some of the students are really loaded, or does the money go really quick without realising it?? :confused:
bwr19
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hajs)
If the imperial bursary (if applicable) =£6000 then you get maintenance grant (if applicable) =£3000
that is total of £9000? So i'm guessing some of the students are really loaded, or does the money go really quick without realising it?? :confused:

You can also get a maintenance loan which is up to £7,675 for London students. You do not have to be "loaded" to attend Imperial, especially if you budget wisely.
hajs
Rep:
?
(Original post by bwr19)
You can also get a maintenance loan which is up to £7,675 for London students. You do not have to be "loaded" to attend Imperial, especially if you budget wisely.
I think you misunderstood, what i meant was that surely those who attend imperial have a lot of money savings etc because it has one of the highest paying bursary schemes..
So what im saying is, does all that £9000 go quickly like with transport clubs etc or is it easy to save?
bwr19
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh, I see what you mean. I don't actually attend Imperial just yet, but the London grants are higher for a reason. I saw one presentation from Imperial itself that said it costs about £13,000 to live in London for a year at uni.
ihavemooedtoday
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Things cost about 50% higher on average in London, and Imperial is in the most expensive part of London .
Muulka
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well, I can tell you that I'm most certainly not loaded, and I've been doing fine this past little while
iwishiwasagenius
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Some people on the maximum bursary could probably make a profit here. I just about live on my bursary, but of course it's means tested so not everyone is in my situation
hajs
Rep:
?
(Original post by iwishiwasagenius)
Some people on the maximum bursary could probably make a profit here. I just about live on my bursary, but of course it's means tested so not everyone is in my situation
my point !! thats 18k for 3 years on maximum bursary
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.83%
No - but I will (115)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (699)
47.39%

Watched Threads