Glasgow University HNC/D Applicants. Watch

MrWills22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello!

Couldn't find a thread similar to this, (move me over if there is one already moderators ). Is anyone applying to Glasgow University for 2015 whom are studying a HNC/D?

Where I'm at:

I left school last month after an accident which caused me to have panic disorder and all the things that go along with it. I have my five highers and eight standard grades.

I've applied to city of glasgow college for a January start, fast track HNC in business (haven't heard back yet).

Just wondering if anyone else is in a similar position? Or if there are students at the uni who previously applied with HN qualifications?

Sorry to drone on. Just having a rough time at the moment and could do with some positives!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Vitamin D
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello! I applied last year with a HNC in applied science, obviously a bit different from your discipline but I'd be happy to answer any general questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
MrWills22
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vitamin D)
Hello! I applied last year with a HNC in applied science, obviously a bit different from your discipline but I'd be happy to answer any general questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! Thanks for replying
What qualifications did you already have? Were you made a conditional offer then? Is there anything else that needs doing? Exciting stuff! What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Vitamin D
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MrWills22)
Hey! Thanks for replying
What qualifications did you already have? Were you made a conditional offer then? Is there anything else that needs doing? Exciting stuff! What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi! I already had AAABBCC at Higher, I was made a conditional offer to get an A in my graded unit, as well as obtain 12 credits at HNC (which you need to do anyway to get the award). I know this year that applicants to life sciences with a HNC/D now need to go to summer school to fulfil their offer, but luckily I got away without being asked to do that. Not sure if that applies to all HNC/D applicants or just my college, but I know a few people who did go to summer school and seemed to enjoy it I study biochemistry.
MrWills22
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vitamin D)
Hi! I already had AAABBCC at Higher, I was made a conditional offer to get an A in my graded unit, as well as obtain 12 credits at HNC (which you need to do anyway to get the award). I know this year that applicants to life sciences with a HNC/D now need to go to summer school to fulfil their offer, but luckily I got away without being asked to do that. Not sure if that applies to all HNC/D applicants or just my college, but I know a few people who did go to summer school and seemed to enjoy it I study biochemistry.

Yeah I guess I'll be expecting the same conditions. How difficult was the HNC in comparison to school quals? And last but not least, how is the uni?! Thanks so much

Posted from TSR Mobile
skinni
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Glasgow Uni want -

An HND Business (or business related HNDs) with two As in the Graded Unit and successful completion of the summer school.

No advanced entry to any social science subject is given to any HNC or HND students at Glasgow.

Straight from admissions guys mouth last week.

Hope this helps
JennB96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm studying HNC business this year and have a conditional to study English lit next year. A in the graded unit and attending summer school. Constantly anxious about the A though, anyone know how hard it is? I'm working hard.
skinni
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JennB96)
I'm studying HNC business this year and have a conditional to study English lit next year. A in the graded unit and attending summer school. Constantly anxious about the A though, anyone know how hard it is? I'm working hard.
You only need 70% to get an A.

As long as you study the 4 units and relate all your answers to the case study you will be fine don't worry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Glasgow
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Jun '19
  • University of Glasgow
    Wed, 4 Sep '19
  • University of Glasgow
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (515)
37.56%
No - but I will (107)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (656)
47.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed