External student, practicals etc? Please advise, I'm so lost. Watch

KatieThomas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi there, I'll try to keep this short and I really appreciate any help or pointers.

I left school at 16 to work before going back into education at 22, I did my A levels but I messed my exams up due to some serious problems in my life. I've got past most of those problems now and started working full time.

I studied maths further maths and physics and got the following:

Further Maths (204) U
MFP1 35 U
MFP2 23 U
MFP3 12 U
MFP4 27 U
MM2B 30 U
MS1B 77 B

Maths (362) C
MD01 84 A
MM1B 81 A
MPC1 91 A
MPC2 77 B
MPC3 11 U
MPC4 18 U

Physics (325) D
PHA3T (ISA) 42 B
PHA5C 57 E
PHA6T (ISA) 33 D
PHYA1 64 D
PHYA2 78 C
PHYA4 51 E

I really hate my job and I'm so disappointed I've fallen off the rails so much. I feel I've let myself down and I don't know where I can pick this up. As a 24 year old, without decent a levels - Is there any way I can fix these over the course of this year and get into a decent university?

Also, can the practicals be kept even If I take the exams at a different place to where I did the practicals?

I can probably afford a tutor but when do they have to predict my grades by?

Thank you so much for even reading this, I'd love to hear any thoughts or suggestions you have.
Liverpooldrc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm in a similar situation except i'm 20, so I searched for a few foundation courses and found out I needed to do my A Level exams again, however it can be different for your age. Fortunately being 24, you will be able to get on to some foundation courses with GCSE's alone so start looking for some courses on the UCAS site.

Also, make sure to work on those real life problems before going to University, otherwise you'll end up back at square one with a nice debt to go with it haha.

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise