TSR Prime Minister's Questions – November 3rd, 2014 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Faland
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Prime Minister's Questions

PMQs is an opportunity for members to debate the policies and ideas of the MHoC's Prime Minister, the Rt. Hon. Superunknown17 MP, who will answer your questions over the course of two days.

The Leader of the Opposition, the Rt. Hon. Cryptographic MP, may ask two questions, with a follow-up question for each. MPs may ask one question, with one follow-up. Ordinary users may ask one question with no follow-ups. Please keep the joke questions to a very bare minimum.

(Original post by Superunknown17)
x
(Original post by Cryptographic)
x
The Champion.m4a
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you Mr Speaker.

May I ask the right honourable member, our Prime Minister, what underlying philosophy will he adopt in his role to lead the government and our great country?
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
May I ask the honourable gentlemen how he feels the traffic light coalition is going thus far?
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would like to ask the right honourable member, our prime minister, what he intends to do about the housing crisis in this country?
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would like to ask the right honourable member, our prime minister, not just what his stance on fracking is, but what he thinks the government will one day decide on the matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That Bearded Man
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Andy98)
I would like to ask the right honourable member, our prime minister, what his stance on fracking is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
From a Green MP? LOL
Cryptographic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
First of all I congratulate the Rt. Honourable member for being the first Green PM in TSR-land.

May I ask the PM what thinks in regards to the EU? If he is in support of a referendum, would he also support a referendum on the Monarchy?
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by That Bearded Man)
From a Green MP? LOL
Just curious to see the response the inevitable answer will provoke. A wee bit of research into exactly how different the range of opinions are between the MPs. More to see how united the government is on controversial matters like this. I'll admit that I should probably rephrase it a little.

Posted from TSR Mobile
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
May I formally congratulate the Rt. Hon Prime Minister on his appointment to this most prestigious office. Can he inform the House wether he supports proposals to 'reset' the economic record?
Saracen's Fez
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Cryptographic)
May I ask the PM what thinks in regards to the EU?
Pinching my question!

Will the Prime Minister therefore comment more specifically on his views regarding freedom of movement between EU and EEA countries (a founding principle I might add), in particular following the comments by Chancellor Merkel that she would rather Britain leave the EU that remove freedom of movement?
That Bearded Man
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Andy98)
Just curious to see the response the inevitable answer will provoke. A wee bit of research into exactly how different the range of opinions are between the MPs. More to see how united the government is on controversial matters like this. I'll admit that I should probably rephrase it a little.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fair enough, I'm sure last year's govt would have voted for a No, thus I wouldn't expect any surprises this time around with a Green PM. But yes, fair dinkum.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Fair enough, I'm sure last year's govt would have voted for a No, thus I wouldn't expect any surprises this time around with a Green PM. But yes, fair dinkum.
Yeah, I just thought with the spread of opinions this year it might be an interesting one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mr Speaker, in light of events in Ukraine and Iraq/Syria will the new Prime Minister reject the pacifism and cuts to defense of the last government and embrace the pragmatic need to eradicate the Islamists and protect the European border from Russian aggression.
username456717
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is the Prime Minister embarrassed that an independent MP wrote out the proposals for the Presidential system, beating his party and the other traitors to it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Green_Pink
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
May I ask the Honourable Gentleman on his thoughts for the constitutional future of the United Kingdom as a family of nations, in light of recent events concerning the "vow" made to the people of Scotland before the independence referendum, the demands for greater devolution within England and proposals likewise to give Wales and Northern Ireland greater autonomy?
The Legal Eagle
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you Mr Speaker.

I would firstly like to associate myself with colleagues in congratulating my Rt. Hon. Friend, the Prime Minister, on his election to office, as the first Green Party Prime Minister. And may I also wish him well in his time as Prime Minister.

Could the Rt. Hon. Gentleman please inform the House his position on the current drugs policy?
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would like to ask the Prime Minister for his opinions on the country's education system but more importantly the stance his government is going to adopt with potential for reform?
Superunknown17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by clh_hilary)
Thank you Mr Speaker.

May I ask the right honourable member, our Prime Minister, what underlying philosophy will he adopt in his role to lead the government and our great country?
I like PM's before me, will hope to take a pragmatic and level-headed approach in my role as PM. I've always thought the Greens are famous for these values and I would like to reflect them in my leadership.
Superunknown17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
May I ask the honourable gentlemen how he feels the traffic light coalition is going thus far?
Very well. There's lots of discussions and debate going in the government sub forum and parties are working well together. There's also regular communication between party leaders which is always important for a strong coalition.

Sorry guys, I'll answer the rest of the questions tomorrow but I've had an exam today and it's worn me out. Bear with me and I'll get round to all your questions.
Magnus Taylor
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
Thank you Mr speaker. Can I firstly say how highly I hold the prime minister in regard for becoming the first green MP to be the prime minister. In relation to the current Ebola crisis, what measures will the UK take to ensure the people of Britain are shielded, and have the highest level of protection possible?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (141)
38.42%
No - but I will (21)
5.72%
No - I don't want to (26)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (179)
48.77%

Watched Threads