?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
gtt
ec2013
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Take a break. Seriously, you'll never be productive whilst you're in a negative mindset. I wish I listened to the people that told me that when I was doing my A-levels, I wasted a lot of hours sitting in front of a computer screen panicking about what I had not yet done. I developed angioedema (google it) during my A-levels because of stress, and after it was all over, I realised that I really didn't have to worry about it because it all worked out in the end. So have a cup of tea and try to get some sleep so you can be super productive tomorrow (and calm)
hycurrie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Pele1997)
Could I please get some advice on how to manage my stress. I have not yet sent off my UCAS application, and my A-Levels are piling on the workload. On top of this my mother constantly checks on me by spying on me through the door, it just distracts me and makes me lose concentration and not want to work. When I ask her to stop she says she is helping me when she really isn't. So I shout at her and she takes away my phone, console etc. as they are a distraction. I really want to work as I want to go to University but it is becoming impossible. Can someone give me some help please?

I personally think that if you are feeling like this than you should try talking to someone you trust. Maybe someone in your college or sixthform such as a teacher or a friend, or maybe even going to your doctor about it.

It can't harm to get a proper second opinion on it, or even a shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen can make things seem so much better.

Try not to worry about things that you can't control or things that you shouldn't worry about and try to get on top of things you actually can. Sometimes getting a handle on one thing can help you to get on track for everything to just fall into place, but try not to put too much pressure on you, or expect things to change over night.

Sorry if this hasn't been any help.
Pele1997
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thank you both, It's good to know that I'm not the only one and that people will help even if it's not my parents. Thank you for the advice I will take it on board and see how things turn out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.94%
No - but I will (46)
6.78%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.52%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (317)
46.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise