should I tell my ex Watch

Tylerd94
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Something incredibly serious has happened to me leading me to be sent home from work and now I've had blood tests even going in for an x-ray and ultrasound soon if it turns out to be something serious should I tell my ex or not.
He asked for complete and utter space until the New Year it's just if it's something so serious that I might not even make it to the new year should I mention this or respect his ask of space and privacy should I go within that time at least I'll pass knowing I respected his privacy and space and he can be happy knowing that too and if nothing bad happens then i can mention that I had a scare or just never mention it either way do I tell my ex or not if something really bad is going on?
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If it's serious then yes, your ex needs to know.

I hope it's NOT serious of course, but your ex needs to have the choice of what to do with the knowledge, & in order for that to be the case, you have to tell him.
Tylerd94
Rep:
?
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
If it's serious then yes, your ex needs to know.

I hope it's NOT serious of course, but your ex needs to have the choice of what to do with the knowledge, & in order for that to be the case, you have to tell him.
Well it's just that he asked for space and so even if it's serious like I'm dying I'd feel as though I'm making him see me and he's at uni I don't want to worry him he might not even contact me in January he might never again so he'd never know and just lead a happy life
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tylerd94)
Well it's just that he asked for space and so even if it's serious like I'm dying I'd feel as though I'm making him see me and he's at uni I don't want to worry him he might not even contact me in January he might never again so he'd never know and just lead a happy life
Look, trust me on this one, he NEEDS to know. Once he knows it's his choice what to do. If you don't do anything, the guilt could ruin his life.
fajitamunch
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Are you saying you have AIDS?
Tylerd94
Rep:
?
(Original post by fajitamunch)
Are you saying you have AIDS?
NO! I've not been with anyone since him and I'm pretty sure you don't need an ultrascan and x-ray to check for aids. The Dr thinks if anything it's definitely something to do with my kidneys but could be worse prepared me for the big C which is why an x-ray is being done
JamesManc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do what you want
Tylerd94
Rep:
?
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
Look, trust me on this one, he NEEDS to know. Once he knows it's his choice what to do. If you don't do anything, the guilt could ruin his life.
Well what if he just turns around to say 'I don't care I asked you not to talk to me until the new year now you can **** off' he might just be really insensitive I doubt he would be but it's possible because I broke the agreement so he may never feel guilt anyway
Smash Bandicoot
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If what you say is true and he ever loved you, he will at least take the time to listen and ask an intermediary to be there for you on his behalf.
Tylerd94
Rep:
?
(Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
If what you say is true and he ever loved you, he will at least take the time to listen and ask an intermediary to be there for you on his behalf.
I think I'll just give him his time and space if It's something life threatening I'd expect him to be there not put someone in his place that would hurt I'd not want him to feel like he has to see me I'd want him to see me because he wants to no point if he'll just send someone
Smash Bandicoot
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tylerd94)
I think I'll just give him his time and space if It's something life threatening I'd expect him to be there not put someone in his place that would hurt I'd not want him to feel like he has to see me I'd want him to see me because he wants to no point if he'll just send someone
hence why I said 'at least'-I am almost certain he will see you.

Best of luck.

:hugs:
Tylerd94
Rep:
?
(Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
hence why I said 'at least'-I am almost certain he will see you.

Best of luck.

:hugs:
Alright well I'm hoping that it's nothing serious and if it is then maybe I shall tell him or ask a friend to that way I've not directly messaged him so still respecting him and he can choose to message me himself and say he wants to see me or speak through my friend either way I hope it's nothing serious so that I can give him the space he needs because even if I had a day to live he deserves space and time to get over things of our past so I'd feel bad messaging him but at the same time I know he would hate the fact I passed without him ever getting to say goodbye and he'd never know of my funeral or anything like years later he might tru to contact me onky to find out I'm dead and that could really affect him. I don't want that
Dngr00l
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Situation is tricky. But, wait until your results. If it's life threatening, you should tell him how you feel in person. Life is short, horrible things happen. I lost three of my friends to suicide, so I feel a little qualified when saying you should speak to him if it is indeed life threatening.

Chin up. Don't worry so much.
x
Tylerd94
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dngr00l)
Situation is tricky. But, wait until your results. If it's life threatening, you should tell him how you feel in person. Life is short, horrible things happen. I lost three of my friends to suicide, so I feel a little qualified when saying you should speak to him if it is indeed life threatening.

Chin up. Don't worry so much.
x
Yeah he lost a friend to suicide as well so I think me dying would be hard on him but he may also think 'well I wouldn't know if you died so it wouldn't bother me'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (103)
34.11%
No I don't (138)
45.7%
I work during the holidays (61)
20.2%

Watched Threads