HELP squatting form is terrible! Watch

Omar.Q
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys,
I've been thinking of getting back into the gym, but the only problem i dread is form when squatting. As i recall the last time i squatted my form was terrible as i always pushed through my tough and my heels would lift slightly, ive tried repeatedly to stop this from happening trying to alter my form but i just cant seem to get it right. Sometimes i manage to keep my heels on the ground but feel as i coming back up that i fall backwards. note that i have extremely flat feet with no arch at all <--if that has anything to do with, i cant seem to find anything online about it.
how can i solve this, bro science needed lol
Angry cucumber
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Video it and link the video, we'll be able to help then

For now improve your hip and hamstring flexibility - look up yoga positions for this. Hold for 2 mins, increasing the burn every 30 seconds
BKS
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I second video

Also practice sitting in a squat. Go as deep as you can with your feet on the ground and hold it there for a few minutes, repeat several times a day, if you're really rubbish at first then try lightly holding on to something
illusionz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Practice third world squats (bodyweight exercise)

Learn to low bar squat, it's easier flexibility wise.
stroodledum
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Omar.Q)
Hey guys,
I've been thinking of getting back into the gym, but the only problem i dread is form when squatting. As i recall the last time i squatted my form was terrible as i always pushed through my tough and my heels would lift slightly, ive tried repeatedly to stop this from happening trying to alter my form but i just cant seem to get it right. Sometimes i manage to keep my heels on the ground but feel as i coming back up that i fall backwards. note that i have extremely flat feet with no arch at all <--if that has anything to do with, i cant seem to find anything online about it.
how can i solve this, bro science needed lol
Hi mate,

Seems as though you have flexibility issues if your heels on the ground. Tends to be ankle range of motion, but can be a number of other things.

You have to put the hours in stretching, it takes months. But well worth it.

So many people do not realise how important it is to stretch. About a year ago I got into stretching and yoga and it has improved my fitness leaps and bounds.
Omar.Q
Rep:
?
(Original post by stroodledum)
Hi mate,

Seems as though you have flexibility issues if your heels on the ground. Tends to be ankle range of motion, but can be a number of other things.

You have to put the hours in stretching, it takes months. But well worth it.

So many people do not realise how important it is to stretch. About a year ago I got into stretching and yoga and it has improved my fitness leaps and bounds.
Yeah i understand where you're coming from, ive always stretched before workouts etc i guess i didnt think of stretching in squat form
stroodledum
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you are having problems with your heels coming off the ground when you squat, it will take much more than just stretching before and after a work out. You need to put in the hours im afraid.

I'm lucky as my ankle flexibility has always been good, but I have worked for over a year on my hamstring flexibility. Just keep at it
:bl:
The Blind Monk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I know it's a bit lame to quote myself but...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6#post37633356
Omar.Q
Rep:
?
(Original post by stroodledum)
If you are having problems with your heels coming off the ground when you squat, it will take much more than just stretching before and after a work out. You need to put in the hours im afraid.

I'm lucky as my ankle flexibility has always been good, but I have worked for over a year on my hamstring flexibility. Just keep at it
:bl:
yeah thinking of incorporating some more cardio like jogging should help improve
Omar.Q
Rep:
?
(Original post by The Blind Monk)
I know it's a bit lame to quote myself but...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6#post37633356
This is very helpful, thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed