what is the difference between IGCSEs and GCSEs Watch

lorealblab
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
well the title says it all^^
im doing my a levels but I did GCSEs and now my siblings are doing IGCSEs, asked them what they were and they said they're harder, but obviously I barely think this is true and siblings just have to show off.
Edminzodo
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They're about the same level of difficulty. I actually found GCSEs harder than iGCSEs, but that could have been because of the subjects I was doing. The only real difference is that iGCSEs are taken all over the world, I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ckfeister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's the same but same as other boarders its easier and harder like...

CIE English Language - super easy as it got coursework while others being reformed
AQA English Language - more tougher

but in subjects like... IGCSE Maths it's more harder.
C0balt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
IGCSE is harder for maths (also more contents covered such as matrices), French and history. More contents for science (not necessarily harder questions but more contents covered)
These are from my experience, and also I've looked at other boards' papers.

English language is apparently easier. Idk about literature because I've never seen other boards' papers...

IGCSE stands for International GCSE, therefore emphasis is on world geography and history for these subjects. Case studies will be on specific places in goegraphy, and alongside with worls history there will be Depth Study on a plce of your centre's choice (I did USA, but you can do Germany, China etc). But you will not have to do any Britain specific topic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omni Vanitas
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
IGCSE is harder in general apart from English Language(it's an international gcse hence the reason it's easier). English Literature is the same level of difficulty
LauraJ12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
English launage has no coursework in IGCSE when in normal GCSE's it does apparntely. The exams are long and appartently easier depends
C0balt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LauraJ12)
English launage has no coursework in IGCSE when in normal GCSE's it does apparntely. The exams are long and appartently easier depends
I had to do three 800 words essays for Cambridge IGCSE English language...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed