Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Im only 16 so not quite ready to make any final decissions, but shoudl I do law at uni. Im going to study Physics, Maths with mechanics and either chemistry or economics in the sixth form. I love physics but believe it wont be benificial (a physics degree). Any help?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucaz)
    Hi,
    Im only 16 so not quite ready to make any final decissions, but shoudl I do law at uni. Im going to study Physics, Maths with mechanics and either chemistry or economics in the sixth form. I love physics but believe it wont be benificial (a physics degree). Any help?!
    Perhaps this should go in the uni sub-forum

If you have an interest in law then by all means study it. However, don't just do it because you think it will be beneficial. Do it because you think you will enjoy studying it for three years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucaz)
    I love physics but believe it wont be benificial (a physics degree)
    Benficial to what? Getting a job? I'd have to totally disagree with that, a lot of employers value the skills that a Physics degree shows. Having a numerate degree will allow you to go into many jobs such as accounting, investment banking, computing etc. Look at:

http://education.independent.co.uk/h...sp?story=73045

Law is a very competitive field and if you're not 100% dedicated to studying it, when applying, it will show. And besides what is the point of doing a subject for 3+ years if you're not really sure you'll enjoy it?

ReputationRep:
    Besides which you can always do a conversion course after your degree and then become a solicitor/barrister, you don't have to study law to work in the law.

ReputationRep:
    You can do science at university - do the CPE and be a patents lawyer - LOTS of Work and ££....

ReputationRep:
    it sounds like you're more interested in sciency type things so i wouls stick to that. unless you're really committed to law its not really worth doing it.

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.