Report Thread starter 4 years ago
The deadline is the 28th of November.
I got ACDE at AS and am applying for history and film at:-
Kent (ABB)
Essex (ABB - BBB)
NTU (260)
Winchester (260 - 300)
Bath Spa (260 - 280)

Is there any point in applying for these courses as I have not been to any of these universities. My as grades that I am continuing onto A2 are
A - Photography
C - Media Studies
E - History

I have a backup course to apply for if I do not get into history and film at these universities.

Thanks
TheMagican
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If it was me i would go for a gap year after a2 after destroying a levels, you could get in a AAB uni easily if you go for it so dont compromise, dont know too much about those uni's sorry.
halamadrid777
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wrote my whole PS in just 7-8 hours
OhGod
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheMagican)
If it was me i would go for a gap year after a2 after destroying a levels, you could get in a AAB uni easily if you go for it so dont compromise, dont know too much about those uni's sorry.
Are you being serious?!?!?!?
I'm doing an art foundation year to find out what I really want to do and then apply for a 'proper' BA in 2016. Strange question, but can you explain to me how you 'go for it?'
TheMagican
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by OhGod)
Are you being serious?!?!?!?
I'm doing an art foundation year to find out what I really want to do and then apply for a 'proper' BA in 2016. Strange question, but can you explain to me how you 'go for it?'
I didn't realise you do a art foundation course. I originally meant that if you were in AS, try and get as good as you can get. I thought you had potential based on your AS to get AAB. I felt that, if you took a year out maybe you could apply to universities that are really good? sorry i dont know much about the course and if those are good universities but i assumed that your choices were being limited.
TheMagican
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by halamadrid777)
I wrote my whole PS in just 7-8 hours
In one day? Damm thats amazing nevertheless. How is the application going anyway
OhGod
Rep:
?
I didn't realise you do a art foundation course. I originally meant that if you were in AS, try and get as good as you can get. I thought you had potential based on your AS to get AAB. I felt that, if you took a year out maybe you could apply to universities that are really good? sorry i dont know much about the course and if those are good universities but i assumed that your choices were being limited.
I dont do an art foundation now xD.
I'm at A2. I'm hoping, to do an art foundation, find out what I really want to do as a degree subject and then go from there.
halamadrid777
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In one day? Damm thats amazing nevertheless. How is the application going anyway
I got all 5 offers. My firm is Manchester Uni

How about you?
OhGod
Rep:
?
I got all 5 offers. My firm is Manchester Uni

How about you?
**** that's awesome. What courses and what universities are you applying for?
sliceofcake
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by OhGod)
I dont do an art foundation now xD.
I'm at A2. I'm hoping, to do an art foundation, find out what I really want to do as a degree subject and then go from there.
I don't get it, why are you applying for university now then? I don't mean to be rude, but I don't see it being likely that you'd be accepted onto a history joint honours course with an E in AS history. Don't pay for the application and just wait until after your art foundation to apply. If you're so uncertain about what you want to do and you want the art foundation year, I really don't understand why you're bothering applying now when there's a chance you might not like it.
OhGod
Rep:
?
(Original post by sliceofcake)
I don't get it, why are you applying for university now then? I don't mean to be rude, but I don't see it being likely that you'd be accepted onto a history joint honours course with an E in AS history. Don't pay for the application and just wait until after your art foundation to apply. If you're so uncertain about what you want to do and you want the art foundation year, I really don't understand why you're bothering applying now when there's a chance you might not like it.
I wanted to apply for the history joint honours just to see if I ever had a chance of being accepted by one of these universities. I have decided to solely apply for the art foundation course and then apply for a BA in 2016.
sliceofcake
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by OhGod)
I wanted to apply for the history joint honours just to see if I ever had a chance of being accepted by one of these universities. I have decided to solely apply for the art foundation course and then apply for a BA in 2016.
I wouldn't consider it a fair test of whether they'd accept you if you have low AS grades. If you improve for A levels then you can see whether you have a chance because it's more reasonable that they would accept you.
OhGod
Rep:
?
(Original post by sliceofcake)
I wouldn't consider it a fair test of whether they'd accept you if you have low AS grades. If you improve for A levels then you can see whether you have a chance because it's more reasonable that they would accept you.
I have decided that is what I am going to do. I am predicted ABC for A2 which I will be fairly happy with considering I was predicted ABCD for AS.
TheMagican
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i got all 5 offers. my firm is manchester uni

how about you?
two offers in one day!!! City and uea for law today!
halamadrid777
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by OhGod)
**** that's awesome. What courses and what universities are you applying for?
I applied to Manchester, Sheffield, QUB, Cardiff, and Liverpool for Computer Science. I got all 5 offers within a month.

Firm- Manchester and Insurance- Liverpool.
halamadrid777
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
two offers in one day!!! City and uea for law today!

Congratulations. That's awesome. I was torn between Law and CS at first, but applied for CS in the end/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (206)
40.16%
No - but I will (30)
5.85%
No - I don't want to (35)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (242)
47.17%

Watched Threads